Show West Nitro

Top Gunner14

Show West Nitro

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I noticed last year that Show West got a new ride called the Nitro. Does anyone know where this came from or who manufactured it?Will this be at Perth Royal competin against the Hard Rock. This looks a bit different to the Hard Rock cause the seats face outwards. It looks great but does anyone know anymore about it. Here's a pic:

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

its a zamperla discovery. It will be at the perth royal show this year
Vee

Post by Vee »

A new ride last year and a new ride this year! :wink:
princess

Post by princess »

Great to see the west getting some new rides :lol:
benclare

Post by benclare »

Show West have an exceptional stable of rides; it's a shame they no longer travel to the eastern states. Their Ranger and roller coaster used to do the Sydney RES in the early 90's.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I didn't think it was a technical park street fighter. So its Zamperla. Ur right ben, show west have some great rides. They present them so well too. Their orbitor, ranger, crazy dance and all of their rides look fantastic. So the nitro will be competin against hard rock. I wonder how this will go.

Also has the superbowl been sold yet?

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

Top Gunner14 wrote: . Ur right ben, show west have some great rides. They present them so well too. Their orbitor, ranger, crazy dance and all of their rides look fantastic. So the nitro will be competin against hard rock. I wonder how this will go.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Ah, there's another great ride that has disappeared from our major east coast shows. Hopefully we'll see the Superbowl again some time.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Its a great ride from what i can gather. Last i saw it was hawkesbury a couple of years back

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

my mistake I stand corrected on Nitro.
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

Top Gunner14 wrote:I didn't think it was a technical park street fighter. So its Zamperla. Ur right ben, show west have some great rides. They present them so well too. Their orbitor, ranger, crazy dance and all of their rides look fantastic. So the nitro will be competin against hard rock. I wonder how this will go.

Cheers
Top Gunner14

i thought the johnsons would be taking the hard rock to melbourne with their sky view wheel?

superbowl is still in perth.
benclare

Post by benclare »

I'm pretty sure Hard Rock will be in Melbourne as will Skyview Wheel. I haven't seen an official ride list for Melb yet; it'll be interesting no doubt about that.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

skyview is confirmed... most likely hard rock will... i dont see why not
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ur right huss, skyview is goin and i'm pretty sure hard rock is going. That's a great ride.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I also don't see why Hard Rock wouldn't go, as it's a very fun ride. I honestly can't decide if I prefer Hard Rock or Dreamworld's Claw as they both have their good and bad points. On another note, is the SkyView wheel the one that was at Ekka or the one from last year's Melbourne show that is going?
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

melbourne will have both wheels....

Verfurths purple and white wheel, which is still currently at Birrarung Marr for an extended stay, and Sky View will be there also.... nice!

also I cant say im a fan of West's Ranger, the appearance is a bit basic... if you notice the lighting is a little different from the usual fabbri models (im talking the star in the middle)
but then again, i only have eyes for O'Neills Ranger! :mrgreen:
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I didn't really like O'neil's ranger from the pictures I've seen of it until it was refurbished. It now looks like a top ride, although I can't really comment as I've never seen it. I really do however like Watkins Kamikaze as well as Verfuth's Hangover.
benclare

Post by benclare »

I haven't seen Show West's Ranger for ages but I remember it being a lot louder than O'Neil's one which is really saying something! In contrast, the Hangover and Kamikaze are a lot quieter and Topgun is in between. Not sure which Ranger I prefer, O'Neil's has the best sound and goes the fastest I think but it doesn't stay upside down very long. Hangover which doesn't seem to tour NSW any more stays upside down for ages too long but is a laugh for sure.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Pretty sure Show West's Ranger was the first in Australia - it is a first-generation 1984-85 design.

O'Neils would be around 1988-89.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Also with showest's, they have all the lights up and down the arms. Watkin's kamikaze looks great with all the different coloured lights and artwork. O'neills looks great and gives u a good ride. But Top Gun i give the thumbs up too :D :D . It now looks great, good ride expierience, one of the best :!: i'll post some pics soon with its new paintjob.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

i have heard that the TWIN FLIP has arrived at the showgrounds in perth, another new ride for perth this year
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

WOW, that's very interesting for the twin flip to go. I know TPA do go but i'd never thought the twin flip would end up goin

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Vee

Post by Vee »

I should be there on the 16th for initial setup so I'll be sure to get plenty of photos
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Great 2 hear Vee. It's always good 2 see some pre-show foto's and see what rides are at this years show

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

Very surprising about Twin Flip being back in operation but definitely good news. Has it been sold perhaps?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I don't think its been sold yet. But it has been operatin a couple of times this year. When hawkesbury was on, i was told by one of the TPA crew it was at Orange in central NSW