Adelaide Show 2007

Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Good to hear the showies are startin to setup. Is mega drop set up already! Gees, must have packed up everythin from ekka and raced straight down to South Oz. Hopefully the show isn't jinxed this year with any accidents like last year. Twin Flip accident and the lady cannonball.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

yeah its up already and it has been lit up the past 2 nites as well, when I've been on my way home. Ali Baba is also there already. Can't say much else as its really hard to see into the carnival area from the road.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Start gettin ready for Adelaide show, i'd say power surge is there or will be there pretty soon. R u goin scorpian, if so give us a good review and maybe some pics

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

I'd say all the rides would be in place and well on the way to being assembled. No doubt Work Safe SA will be heading in there over the next few days to check everything out. I'm sure this year will be a beauty for Adelaide, not least because of it being the last year with the Mad Mouse. Am looking forward to the reviews as usual!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Will b sad for some with the mad mouse with its last year at the show. Ur right ben, everyone is probably down there. The reason flashdance and power surge were at Penrith cause they didn't make enough money at ekka. So they ade a stop off at penrith. Hope all goes well for adealide this year

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Top Gunner, that doesn't suprise me that Better Amusement Hire and Chant's took those 2 rides down to Penrith. Because Over the 2 days I was at EKKA, I never saw Flash Dance Run with more than 10 or so people (which is a real dissapointment as it's a fairly good ride) and I don't think I saw Power Surge run full loads ever.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

I'm sure the show people are wondering if they are ever going to have another show that is going to run smoothly! Lets hope that they do a much better job at filling time than they did last year now the horse events are cancelled. Last year when the cannonball lady had her accident the audience saw a more drawn out freestyle BMX display (the poor guys must have been tired they did that many jumps each to fill in time) and then I think Miss Moo went around for over 15 mintues! Seriously I hope they don't put Miss Moo in all the gaps - I notice she is on the program again. But seriously what else can go wrong??? On top of last years events, there have been incidents with rides like every year now and as well as lady cannonball one year there was even a bull on the loose which from memory may have even ended up roving the suburbs!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Adelaide show is always jinxed with some sort of incident that happens. Hopefuly its all smooth flowing this year

Cheers
Top Gunner14
princess

Post by princess »

Scorpion, are the horse events cancelled for Adelaide show, does anyone think this will be a problem. I know I dont go for the horses, but it is a big part of the RES, there are a huge amount of events that involve horses, whats other peoples opinions.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

yes princess all horse events have been cancelled. i'm not really sure what sort of effect this will have.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/stor ... 01,00.html

it also says now that the Melbourne Show will be refunding money for those unable to show their horses at the Melbourne Show that have already paid due to the equine flu.

one hopes this doesn't effect crowd numbers too much - crowd numbers still haven't really recovered from previous incidents. i seem to recall it was not uncommon to get over 600,000 people though the gates, i can't recall them getting much past 550,000 since the start of the decade and the series of unfortunate events which have been happening.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

That's a bit of bad luck for adealide show too. Its a shame with the horse flu. U can't go to a show and see a horse event. I love watchin the grand parades but it will be totally different with no horses in it.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

The lack of hourses will definitely affect crowd numbers for the upcoming shows because so many events involve horses; from the pony club shows to the rodeo, all is affected. For all that, I'd still head out there because of course horses aren't my main reason for attending. Thank goodness rides can't catch equine flu! :lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ur right ben. I don't usually head out to shows just for the rides(even though i like em so much) i like to see what entertainment is happenin around the showground like the displays, shows, showbags, animals and of course the #1 things at shows: THE RIDES :!: :P :!:

Cheers
Top Gunner14
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

Yes it is a shame. Particulary for the equestrian events which were going to be at the show for the first time in 13 years (and my god they have made a big deal of this in the program - released the day after the horses were called off).

On more related news, Bob Lawrence was quoted in the paper as being very sorry to see the end of the Mad Mouse. "We're very sorry to see it go and so are a lot of other people. It's the best ide at the show...alwas has been always will be. But I'm sure the next one will be just as good." It has been revealted that Mr Lawrence has replaced it with a roller coaster ride for next year which can be dismantled at the end of the show (anyone know about this??? will it travel??). Also the Ghost Train which Bob has run since the 50's will also be dismantled after this years show. This follows on from the chair lift rides which ceased operating in 2001.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

just found this on the messenger website
http://www.messengernews.com.au/article ... _news.html

Last ride on Mad Mouse

Francesca Belperio

28Aug07

SHOWGOERS this year have one last chance to ride the Mad Mouse before it is replaced with a new rollercoaster next year.

The 44-year-old Mad Mouse is the oldest ride at the Royal Adelaide Show, which starts next Friday, September 7.
While its replacement at Wayville is top secret, ride owner Bob Lawrence told the Eastern Courier last week it would be another ``equally exciting ... loop coaster'', recently been purchased from Italy.
``It cost some millions and is about the same height about 11 metres,'' he said.
``Yes, it goes upside down and will be just as popular.''
Mr Lawrence described the Mad Mouse as an Adelaide Show icon, saying he been receiving calls from people disappointed to hear it was being retired.
``People don't want it to go, it's a wonderful ride and it's been super popular ... it's very, very sad,'' he said.
After this year's show, it will be dismantled and sold; some have been expressing interest in buying one of the distinctive red cars ``as a memento''.
The cars are worth about $2500 each.
The end of the Mad Mouse follows May's annoucement of a $35 million refit of the Showgrounds that will include a new exhibition complex, expected to open in 2008.
Centennial Hall has been demolished with the Duncan and the International pavilions to follow
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

WOW. A new loopin coaster or somethin :!: :D Hope he travels around the country. I never heard of this coming. It is sad though 2 see a clasic in the mad mouse to go. Has any1 bought it yet :?:
benclare

Post by benclare »

I dare say this new coaster will travel, doing the major capital shows at least; very exciting! I wonder whether this ride is similar to the one operated by Conklin Shows in Canada and the States? Please keep us informed if you hear anything else Scorpion SA.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

This would be great if it came to the capitals. Where would they put it at sydney. It would b great to fnd out what it'll be. Keep the news comin Scorpian

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Sounds to me like a standard Pinfari portable looper (aka: Python Loop, as operates once a year in WA)
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

Zamperla wrote:Sounds to me like a standard Pinfari portable looper (aka: Python Loop, as operates once a year in WA)
yeh i think it sounds like a pinfari portable looper aswell, but it wont be WA's finest
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

SOunds good. Would b good if he bought it 2 all the capitals
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

only one day to go!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Have a g8 time Scorpian. Will b good 2 c a review and some great pics. Hopefully its a smooth run show

Cheers
Top Gunner14
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

howcome NO-LIMIT isnt going? it's already set up here in Melbourne, in a strange spot, but its there, ill show you a photo later
scorpionSA

Adelaide Show 07

Post by scorpionSA »

Huss No Limit did not appear at the Adelaide Show last year either. I would assume this is due to space and power requirements there really is no where to put it! Thunderbolt has only appeared for the last 2 years. Many other rides often don't come to Adelaide eg Energy Storm and Chaos only comes every so often.

Review to come - I'll prolly write it when im bored at uni tomorrow lol.