The End of an Era

CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

throw some words in here about show west been one of the greatest so far yadda yadda yda blah blah blah blah blah
please stop the stalking, you know who you are

all i can say is lol
Last edited by CoinKing on Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vee

Post by Vee »

All I can say is LOL
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

come on vee sometimes a joke is only funny when it was said
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yes Showwest are an awesome company that operate some world class rides.

As for the Huss Breakdance, it's a standard former road model that Wittingslow's brought into LPS when it opened in 1995. It is now known as the Spider and runs very slowly unfortunately. It's located next to the Ranger at the bottom of the park.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Ah, thanks for that Benclare. So thats where the Spider originated from?

Still, give me my Sobema's Any Day :D
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

SOBEMA, cheap and couldnt even match the amazing quality of even a HUSS BREAKDANCE NO.1

the BDNO.2 is just mammoth and kicks total ass!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I was saying that, because the only HUSS BreakDance that I have rode is the one in Luna Park, so in comparison to that, the Sobema models are alot better.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Thats a weak excuse for a HUSS model, and to see it in such a condition that it is.... pure joke!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Hurricane, next time you're down at Sydney Luna Park (or anyone else interested) if you go into the guest relations office, there is a framed photo on the wall of the Breakdance when it first came to the park (1995?) before it got 'spiderized' - the cars are multi coloured and it has the typical coloured balls in the middle with a coloured backflash.
benclare

Post by benclare »

The Breakdance operated very fast back then too, easily matching the Sobima models. It was also very noisy, hence all the work that has been done on it since which has slowed it down a lot.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Interesting to know that Wittingslow still owns the HUSS disco balls that came with the ride. I think THE RAGE also has a huss ball on it in perth. its red.
kiwi

Wittingslow

Post by kiwi »

Did all the large Huss rides travel, or where they brought solely to go into the parks mentioned.

Cheers
Kiwi
benclare

Post by benclare »

I'd say all the Huss rides in Australia have travelled at some stage and most were brought in for that purpose. The Ranger and UFO were brought in for World Expo 88 which was held in Brisbane and travelled around soon after it ended when the amusement park closed. Don't quote me on this but I think the Rainbow started travelling in 1990 with the Breakdance, Tristar, Enterprise etc following suit. As far as I know, Wittinslow Amusements were the only company to own Huss rides in Australia after World Expo. Please correct me if I'm wrong again! :)
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

You're generally right with those comments Ben - Witts first HUSS ride was most likely Pirate followed by Enterprise, this was in the very early 1980's I believe.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

From the Adelaide Showground Newsletter

Carnival
The Carnival will be consolidated into the area west of the Skymaster
Wheel and will feature the Australian debut of the new Zyklon Loop
Coaster. The favourite amusements of previous years may be in new
positions but they will still be available to entertain (& possibly scare!)

Family Fun Park
A new Family Fun Park is being developed in the location previously
occupied by the Mad Mouse. This will provide a distinct area for children
aged 0 – 7 and include traditional amusement favourites like the
Carousel, childrens’ games and other activities.

Anyone ridden a Zyklon Loop Coaster before? I found a link on the internet to it here:
http://www.coasterforce.com/index.php?categoryid=739
and there is apparently also one based at Star City in Manilla.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I am wondering what the difference is between the Zyklon Loop and Show West's Python Loop - it may not be 'debuting' to Australia as the article suggests. Clay - can you elaborate?
benclare

Post by benclare »

I've ridden a Zyklon before but not a looping one although if it's like Show West's one... I wonder whether this new coaster will travel around the country? If not, I'll be heading down to Adelaide to try it! As it happens, I could very well be there in time for the Show this year as I'll be doing a training course with AusAid in preparation for a possible assignment in the Solomon Islands which is being conducted in Adelaide.

Thanks for sharing the news article Scorpion.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes thanx 4 the article scorpian. I've only seen pics of showests python loop. I wonder if there is a difference? Hope it travels over the east. Will be interesting to see it when it comes

Cheers
Top Gunner14
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

Zamperla wrote:I am wondering what the difference is between the Zyklon Loop and Show West's Python Loop - it may not be 'debuting' to Australia as the article suggests. Clay - can you elaborate?
AFAIK Pinfari are no more, someone bought all the jigs etc and are pumping their own out. someone refers to family in the pinfari tree
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

I hope to see this coaster travel to the east, RMS and RES at the very least. The operators would be craaaazy not to. EVERYONE likes to see a looping roller coaster.
benclare

Post by benclare »

The major shows will definitely push to get the new looper to their events; nothing like a new coaster to draw people but it could be like the Mad Mouse and stay in Adelaide and do that show only. Not sure whether that would make too much money but I guess it's a possibility.
benclare

Post by benclare »

The major shows will definitely push to get the new looper to their events; nothing like a new coaster to draw people but it could be like the Mad Mouse and stay in Adelaide and do that show only. Not sure whether that would make too much money but I guess it's a possibility.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

They have said that the ride is fully dismantable and transportable so it would be quite possible to travel it. The understanding is that the coaster will only be situated at the showgrounds for the days of the show every year, as opposed to the mad mouse which was set up all year.
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

wow another python loop in australia, two travelling coasters that dont travel for eastern staters lol
EDIT
i made a map up, so its easy to understand

Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

maybe it is some sort of quarantine coaster-flu thing.