Skymaster Wheel

scorpionSA

Skymaster Wheel

Post by scorpionSA »

Well the Caravan and Camping show finally came and i'm a little shocked that they have finally taken the carriages off the skymaster wheel off after what like 6 months now (they were left up from the show in september) and they are going to need them in another six months. I would have thought it made sense to take them down - one would assume they would get quite weathered being allowed to sit out in the elements - but i dont get why you would leave them up for 6 months doing nothing, use them for 2 days and then take them down - strange!
benclare

Post by benclare »

Skymaster Wheel is well on the way to being assembled at Sydney Showground with only the carriages to be attached. I don't know why it was left up for so long in Adelaide; perhaps the Agricultural Society allowed Durkin Amusements to store it there.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Is it nearly up at syd. Do they hav a couple of wheel pieces at each showground or is thre just the 1 they travel around?
matterhorn

Post by matterhorn »

they were left on becuse its easyer as the wheel is hired for the caravan and camping show if we pack it up we have to transport them bac to canberra than back again for the show.
durkins have one wheel permantly in adelade a set of towers in sydney and also in brisbane and one set of sweeps that travel and one set of cars
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ahh ok, Thanks Matterhorn, I was wondering what the go was with the wheel