2008 Ride Deals

scorpionSA

2008 Ride Deals

Post by scorpionSA »

2008 Royal Adelaide Show

Ride Deal Number 1:
Unlmited Rides on Tuesday 9th September ONLY, between 10:00 am AND 2:00PM.

Ali Baba
Big Dipper
Breakdance
Claw
Cliff Hanger
Crazy Coaster
Dodgem Tracks x 2
Gravitron
Halloween
Hangover
Hard Rock
Haunted Hotel
Mega Drop
Power Surge
Rupen Bahn
Scorpion
Sky Diver
Skymaster Wheel
Space Roller
Techno Jump
Thunderbolt
Virtual Reality Simulator
Wave Swinger

Exceptions: Insanity, Speed, Slingshot

$50.00 Includes show entry and 4 hours of unlimited rides in the TENcarnival between 10:00 am and 2:00pm ONLY.

Ride Deal Number 2

Mon, 8 Sep 2008 to Fri, 12 Sep 2008 ONLY
7 rides for $30.00
All rides for deal number 1 except Crazy Coaster and Skymaster Wheel, and also excluding Insanity, Speed and Slingshot

Ride Deal Number 3

5 rides for $16.00

Aladdin's Magic Carpet
Balloon Chase
Clown'n Around Slide
Dragon Wagon
Fantasy Flight
Giant Slide
Grand Carousel
Kangaroo Jump
Kiddiepillar
Kids Convoy
Red Baron
Rockin' Tug
Safari Train
Traffic Jam
Twister
Tea Cup Ride
Wave Rider
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

Would appear the ride list is similair to last year with inclusion of The Big Dipper, Insanity, Halloween and The Haunted Hotel inplace of Mad Mouse, Chaos, Roller Ghoster and the Ghost Train. (Chaos has appared without being listed before though).

Also interesting to note that Scorpion returns - I remember someone saying now that it has been sold it may no longer travel???

Also interesting to nose that Cliff Hanger and Sky Diver have been moved from the Kiddies area to the Carnival Area. Waveswinger has also been included in the Carnival list now - this was a permanent structure and thus hasn't moved with the rest of the kids rides to the new Kids Carnival Location where the Mad Mouse used to be. (Cliff Hanger and Sky Diver were previously located in the area that was the kiddies carnival - as also Scorpion was the first few times it was at the show).
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Hmm... interesting to see Insanity showing up at Adelaide and the absense of No Limit. Lets just hope Durkins has more luck with it than it has at Ekka!

Also in regards to Scorpion, it has still been travelling, just staying away from the Capitals.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

John Stratton is based in Adelaid the owner of Scorpion. Who owns the Skydiver?
PNC

Post by PNC »

i know skydiver is a para trooper, but i cant remember who owns it, i was once told, but i cant remember
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Oh yes, I thought it was a Chance one
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Scorpion did really well at Rye, even though it kinda looked out of place next to that big old Huss Pirate.

It honestly feels like the lists are getting smaller and smaller, except for Sydney... the other shows aren't really changing or growing, just getting smaller
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

True Huss, I hope Sydney doesn't get smaller or fade out some of the classics. Melbourne was shocking last year. But I think it'll be bigger again this year. Adelaide has a pretty good line-up IMO. But in the kiddies area, since when do we have a SBF Trafic Jam?
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I think there are at least 2 SBF traffic jams in the country. (one in WA)
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

The paratrooper in question is AusFun's Paratrooper, that is also named "SkyWalker"
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes, I've seen that on their website. It never used to be called that, was just named Paratrooper. I never knew about the Traffic Jams. Thanks Zamperla for that info. Isn't Skydiver owned by Patton's?
benclare

Post by benclare »

I'm really looking forward to the Adelaide Show and it'll be good to debut the Big Dipper and Insanity for me as well as the Skydiver as I love Paratroopers! Unfortunately I won't be able to take advantage of the unlimited rides deal but the others sound possible. I'm not exactly sure what day I'll be visiting but it'll be in the evening. Would love to meet up with you Scorpion if you're around.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Hope you have fun at the show Ben. I'm still hanging out for Insanity
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

can't find the article on the web but their was an article in the Advertiser today regarding the big dipper. basic highlights are that Bob Lawrence is expecting over 25,000 people to ride it over the 9 days of the show and that he is hoping to take it to the Easter Show next year (that should make some people around here happy!).
Mong

Post by Mong »

[quote="Top Gunner14"]John Stratton is based in Adelaid the owner of Scorpion. Who owns the Skydiver?[/quote]Peter Stratton Melbourne,we will just fix up the little mistakes,OK ?
Mong

Post by Mong »

[quote="Top Gunner14"]John Stratton is based in Adelaid the owner of Scorpion. Who owns the Skydiver?[/quote]
Last edited by Mong on Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mong

Post by Mong »

[quote="Top Gunner14"]John Stratton is based in Adelaid the owner of Scorpion. Who owns the Skydiver?[/quote]
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Sorry Mong, ok, so it's Peter Stratton in Melbourne. Sorry, but I was told it was John. I'll remember that one from now on. So John owns the Ex-Wonderland Explorer doesn't he?
benclare

Post by benclare »

Is that old Tassy Devel appearing at this year's Adelaide Show? I heard somewhere it doesn't travel in reverse like the flashdance. It didn't go backwards at Wonderland but I had thought it was just park policy not to run it in that direction. It's funny how some theme parks choose to slow down their rides! Is it true Dream World's Claw and Tower of Terror don't operate at full speed?

It'll be great if Bob Lawrence's Big Dipper does make it to the RES and other capital shows through next year. I do think this is a distinct possibility as this will make good money for him. I imagine transporting the coaster is similar to Taipan and the Mad Mouse.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I think you may be getting confused with Geelong-based (VIC) Pattons, who own the Skydiver.

As for the Tassie Devil, running it in reverse would not be a problem, just a simple valve which reverses the flow of the hydraulic drives. Typically, theme parks keep things simple and don't do those sort of extra interactive things portable ride operators will do for riders.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yep, that's why I like shows and carnivals better than theme parks. Ok, I thought it was Patton's that own the Skydiver. I think Stratton's should make it run in reverse. Kinda takes away half the experience if it's not run in reverse, well it would if they didn't do it on the Flashdance
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

so what is the tassie devil??
i think it will be interesting to see the layout of sideshow alley this year as the introduction of the big dipper will see the layout change considerably as its place previously housed the hangover, techno jumper, power surge and mega drop --- i've seen that the mega drop has arrived and it seems to have pride of place at the front of the showgrounds whcih should be good for them.... the ali baba has also arrived to and is in its usual spot.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Whose Ali Baba is there? The Tassie Devil is a Reverchon Explorer and used to be at Wonderland Sydney before it shut. But I know it's somewhere in Adelaide I think.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

not sure topgunner,, but from a distance it looked like one that was for sale recently - from memory that one was based here. i have seen it b4 at a shopping centre near me along with the other rides that were also for sale
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »