sizzler accident

Dazzleland

sizzler accident

Post by Dazzleland »

Sizzler ride collapses, 2 injured (12/03/00)
http://www.rideaccidents.com/2000.html#dec3
Where was that accident?
HUSSRAINBOW

Re: sizzler accident

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

i remember that on the news...
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

There was also one in QLD, I can't remember much about this SA one, I think it was a small town.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

No idea about the South Australian one, but the one in QLD (Broadbeach to be exact) was operated by Trindall's amusements. Having spoken directly to the operator in question about this incident, it was ALL because of rider error. The rider had assumed a unsafe riding position and as soon as it was noticed the Emergency Stop was engaged but it was too late and the girl was ejected. This is direct from the horses mouth and the information in regards to that accident is as follows:

"(Saturday, January 10, 2004) - A 6-year-old girl suffered serious head injuries when she was thrown from a Sizzler ride at Pratten Park in Broadbeach, Australia. Police and Workplace Health and Safety inspectors investigating the accident believe that the girl put her feet up on the seat of the ride and folded her legs, leaving her unrestrained by the ride's metal safety bar. The ride operator shouted at the girl and pressed the stop button when he realized that she had moved, but the girl was thrown from her seat and hit her head on the ride's metal frame. She was hospitalized in critical but stable condition.
The ride was found to be in safe operating condition."

I will try and dig some information up about the 2000 incident.