How Many Zippers in Oz

Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

No one in Australia has ridden all the Zippers with Young's still going under refurbishment. But apart from that one, I've ridden Davis', Short's and Zacchini's. Jhonny Castle's never comes down near Sydney way and stays up Qld most of the year. I think the closest it comes to Syd is at Xmas when its at Coffs Jetty Carnival. I may be wrong but thats what I understand for it to be.

As I said, number one for ride expirirence is Davis', then Short's then Zacchini's.

Presentation would be a tight one between Davis' and Short's. If you saw the photos of Zacchini's Zipper at Hawkesbury, it wasn't looking to good. Short's would be 1st for presentation but when Dean Davis finishes overhaling his, I'd say that could take the trophie.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Ive ridden both Shorts and is it... Davis who owns Wittingslows ex?
anyway, wish ops would stop going for the single colour on the cages, and break it up with a different coloured frame to the shell... just a bit of an overkill.
Wittingslows Zipper does run faster than Shorts... both are crazy fun though
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh Huss, Davis' does run faster. And don't worry, the single coloured crs and frame will be gone soon on the Davis Zipper
tziolasamusements

Re: How Many Zippers in Oz

Post by tziolasamusements »

i got photo of ex wittingslow zipper which des wittingslow bought brand new from kevin ferrari engineering
photo of zipper with pop tom wittingslow's first homemade merry go round also new arrival ferrari 500 go karts
i scan it and upload soon
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

There are 6 zippers in australia, 5 x hydraulic drive, and 1 x AC rim drive.
benji

Post by benji »

dell2006 wrote:There are 6 zippers in australia, 5 x hydraulic drive, and 1 x AC rim drive.
who owns the AC rim drive? where did this come from and when