THE OCTOPUS RIDE

Carnie

Re:

Post by Carnie »

balloon man wrote:hey guys carnival land amusements have one as well check it out
http://www.carnivalland.com.au
yeah carnival land doesnt own the octopus party time amusements does mate
Top Gunner14

Re: THE OCTOPUS RIDE

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Both companies websites have the same gear on there. And Party Time has a Super Sizzler which I've never seen before. What's the go, are both companies related or something?
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

just going back through this topic and was reading how many occys people "THINK" there are in Aus. I can tel you there are way more than you could poke a stick at there would roughly be over 40 occys here. Millers have owned 6, marchs has on, flahrety, partytime, browns, leightons, plus there are plenty building up rust getting ready to go to the fun fair in the sky.lol.

Cheers ozshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I forgot that the March's had an Octopus, as far as I'm aware it is currently rotting away at the farm. I knew about Millers, Flarherty's, Browns, Clay Taylor's, Coneyfairs, Partyland and a few others that the owners names are on the tip of my tongue.
PNC

Post by PNC »

carnival land has no major rides, so they use party time alot, so they just advertise there rides
Top Gunner14 wrote:Both companies websites have the same gear on there. And Party Time has a Super Sizzler which I've never seen before. What's the go, are both companies related or something?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ah ok, thanks for thinfo Oz, PNC and Hurri
oldie but goodie

Post by oldie but goodie »

hi all a little bit of miss infomation the other octopus rides were not shut down ours defnatly was not but with all the bad media business was verry bad for a while also 2 more occys brown brothers and pickets plan to rebuild theres in the extended miller family there are 3 (may be 6 but i only know of 3) but i do not think any are working and there is marchs occy also regards hi again with a edit sorry i did not read the other 2 pages marchs occy was previous owned by scotty clatyon and the occy at kiama carnival was lauries and a few occys have worked with circus flahertys done a compleate north run tour with sole brothers in the 70s and lennons had one for a while with their circus flahertys also had 2 seasons with robinsons in brisbane a few years a go regards again
oldie but goodie
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

So does Laurie's only do Kiama Xmas carnival and was it there this year. And do you know if Pickerts and Browns have started working on theirs or when they will come back out?
oldie but goodie

hi lauries have sold their occy overseas browns is working around i think and i have no more info on pickets another occy we forgot was bonnie nocks which was sold many years ago and was pulled apart for a rebuild and is still in pieces as far as i know also a person call presnall also had a occy i belive regards
oldie but goodie
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

Picketts Occy is called wave and it has been working for several years, Millers most definetly have 6 in the family (Peters, Kellys, Mack, Charlie plus 2 more just cant think) Millers also built a majority of there rides in Australia, including the octpuses.
Last edited by ozshowkid on Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Are all these mentioned 'traditional' (straight legs) or are they the 1970's Eyerly Spider variant with the curved sweeps.

the octopus is a carnival icon.
oldie but goodie

hi most are normal straight arm models their is not very many with curved arms the other varitation is a small number were fitted with double cars ie 16 instead of 8 and most of them were imported regards
oldie but goodie
itsfun

Post by itsfun »

i think marches have one sitting down the back of there yard in the long tall grass where they belong! :lol:
last i heard it was going west?? can anyone tell me if its true i wonder what joint they'll bring this time :lol:
PNC

Post by PNC »

yeh, i seen it back there about 3 months ago
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

Partytime Amusements have there's for sale now on amusementz.com
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

itsfun wrote:i think marches have one sitting down the back of there yard in the long tall grass where they belong! :lol:
last i heard it was going west?? can anyone tell me if its true i wonder what joint they'll bring this time :lol:
they were the top earners of their day when you were still crapping your pants
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

If its sitting amongsts the grass, send it over to the west and Let Show West restore it and add it to its ride fleet after the misplacement of The Break Dance :D however what happen to the break dance that was owned by show west?? did they sell it to another operator??

All given information would be handy.

Thanks
Thrill Seeker
Bring on RES 2014....First major capital easter show since moving to NSW in June 2013
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

Went to T.A.S Do you know who ownes the rock o plane type ride over in the west?
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

dell2006 wrote:Went to T.A.S Do you know who ownes the rock o plane type ride over in the west?
I Dont have any idea who ownes the rock o plane over here, however would like to know who has now owns the break dance, if so photos would be appreciated as i really miss that ride :(.

Cheers
Thrill Seeker 08
Bring on RES 2014....First major capital easter show since moving to NSW in June 2013
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Trevor Havlin owned the Tumbler (Rock O Plane), it was For Sale last I heard
Bobby C

Post by Bobby C »

The Octopus Ride

We are looking to shoot a TVC using an Octopus ride for a new campaign for an exciting new confectionery called "Carnival". Happy to pay for the ride and hoping to get it in a country show type setting for background footage and vision. Can anyone out there help?