The Ali Baba

Top Gunner14

The Ali Baba

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I know we have around 4-5 Ali baba's.I know of the supanova, veruth's, marshall's and that's all. Also, that alibaba bought from the uk, was bought by John Phelan. He is currently fixin it up and should b out soon. I'll also get sum pics of it soon

Cheers
Top Gunner14
kiwi

UK Alibaba

Post by kiwi »

Would really appreciate photo's once its done.

If its the one I worked on (which at that time was the only one traveling in the England), it was a smart machine. I did hear it had a few problems a few years later.

I could never work out why more of the rides didn't travel in England, its a relatively easy ride to move, gives good height on a midway, and seems to be rather succesful.

Not saying it compares to a Rainbow at all of course.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, i'll have sum pics soon. It is compact, takes bout 2 hrs to set up and take down
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

get rid of them all I say HAHAHA

phelan's was at RYE this summer..... to be honest it just didnt fit in with Zipper, and Pirate and Taipan....

O'NEILLS Pleaseeeee get Rainbow out more! I wish you guys would do rye HAHA, god what a dream
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

That was Marshall's at rye. Phelan's isn't out yet. And dreams come true u no huss. There r talks of another rainbow coming. Its possible that it mite b coming. I no who the showmen is that mite b buyin it
benclare

Post by benclare »

Top Gunner14 wrote:That was Marshall's at rye. Phelan's isn't out yet. And dreams come true u no huss. There r talks of another rainbow coming. Its possible that it mite b coming. I no who the showmen is that mite b buyin it
Really? :D I'm guessing it won't be brand new but I'm not too choosy, so long as it works! :) Can you give us a hint as to when it might be arriving?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Its already here. Its 2nd hand. I think john's fixin it up and will b out soon
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

A RAINBOW IS HERE? UMMMM more info please!!!
benclare

Post by benclare »

Wow! :D Surely we'll see this awesome ride return to all the capital shows now there are two in the country.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Top Gunner, I presume we are talking about John Phelan here? Could you please give us more information on this Rainbow.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Ali Baba's are silly excuses for a ride... I dunno... they just don't do much... and Verfurths is in need of a service BAD
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

These r just talks. The owner is still thinking about buyin it. Hopefully it does come. If it does hopefully it'll go to ore than just sydney royal Lol. It is possible but i'm not sure yet. It's a park model that's for sale and he'll convert it if he buys it. Just about John Phelan's Ali baba, he is giving the it a couple of repairs, a coat of paint and will b going soon. If he does buy it i'll tell u the mystery buyer. Hope it does come

Cheers
Top Gunner14
princess

Post by princess »

mmmmm a couple of repairs I have heard it has needed about a 50,000 dollar refurbishment.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

top gunner, sounds good... would be good seeing another rainbow on the circuit
princess

Post by princess »

I was told that it would almost be impossible to convert a fixed park Rainbow to a mobile Rainbow, have you any thoughts Zamperla
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I wouldn't say impossible, but one would need to ask whether the money spent on conversion would be viable to travel one. Even park model Rainbows are still built on the same basic chassis that travelling ones are as far as I know.

HUSS rides are generally built to strict spec's, as far as park vs travelling - e.g Wittingslow's Ranger from Expo 88, originally a park model, but converted to a road model by an Australian company - wheels added to the base, hydraulic ram added to raise the centre section and a trailer made to transport the gondola.
princess

Post by princess »

Ok, thanks, this will be interesting to see how it goes.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yes the Huss Ranger currently at Luna Park has had a lot of work done on it over the years; some would say too much. It runs a lot slower than it used to, probably because of the noise and it was completely pulled apart and refurbished before the most recent reopening in 2004. Actually, it's the Ranger that is causing the most controversy with local residents. Dad told me recently he could see right into someone's lounge room from the top of it. I've always been of the oppinion the houses shouldn't've been built there in the first place; a debate for another forum I expect. Sorry for going a bit off topic. :oops:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

That's what i think ben. They knew the park was there and the rides were there, why build the apartments and move in when u know, that there will b noise. Really it's there own fault. Anyway, back 2 the rainbow, the showmen looking at it said that there r already the trailers for it to b converted. It would b great to c it travel. He said when he was younger, he worked for wittingslow and hes put it up and taken down alot. So hes very familiar in using it. Hopefully he does travel it to some local shows (like hawkesbury) and take it to melbourne, brissie and even adelaide.

As for the Ali baba, i was talkin to John the other day and he was talking about what repairs it needed. He said that his had to buy a couple of new parts, the bearing that holds the seat on needed to b fixed, and a couple of other things. He has set it up and operated it at his yard but it has had a couple of probs. He said that they just operated it very differently in Ireland compared to what they do over here. When his finished fixin it, he'll give it a coat of paint and it will b on the road.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

oh this guy sounds awesome! hopefully he does buy it, would be awesome to see it travel...

lol id love to work on it... haha and id have to buy another rainbow model, to model it after haha
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Its a bloke everyone knows. I was talking to my mate yesterday who is good friends with the bloke and he said its a 50/50 chance he'll buy it. Nxt time i c him or talk to him huss, i could put in a word for u if u want thats if he does buy it

Cheers
Top Gunner14
princess

Post by princess »

Lol you are so easily please Huss, all anyone has to do is buy a Rainbow and you will be their friend for life. lol.

:lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

ur right Lol!
benclare

Post by benclare »

Huss, I bags the first ride on the Rainbow when you get to operate it. Make sure it's a really long ride! :lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thats if he does et a job Lol. Hope it does come. That showmen , u know who i am and i know who u r, u've got to buy it. PLEASE!!!