new rides

Lee

Post by Lee »

I have just heard that there is a new Ghost Train coming to Australia, a european model, , anyone heard about this, or what special effects this might have, really keen to know what this ghost train does to compete with what is already here.
princess

Post by princess »

I would be keen to know as well, seeing as I have never been a great fan, it would be great to hear what special effects this has.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Surely it would have to be something special as there is a glut of ghost trains I reckon. Despite that, they are always popular carnival attractions so it's understandable why someone would want to bring another one in. I reckon there should be a water one that plunges into a pool inside a dark room where no one can see the drop.
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

i would love to see some of australias ride repainted with newer themes. If you want to keep the public you have to keep them interested , paint jobs of recent themes , music that they like , playing dance music from 1995 doesnt help anyone. come on
Lee

Post by Lee »

I have been told it is like rollerghoster.
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

wow could this be the an australian first a rollerghoster

:wink:
benclare

Post by benclare »

We've had a Roller Ghoster for several years now; I've never ridden it though.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

About this ghost train. Its called halloween. Bought by paviers, made by ARM and is triple storey. And believe it or not, it racks onto 1 trailer
princess

Post by princess »

So does it do anything special, or is it just riding through rooms with the lights out.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Dont know. Ill talk to brod or brenton again. Its made by ARM who make top gun and ali babas and that suprised me that they made it. Ill get the info soon
benclare

Post by benclare »

I can't believe Pavier's sold their excellent Scorpion ride so they could buy a new ghost train! :shock: Still, the new attraction is sure to make a lot of money for them, especially if it's so portible with one trailer.
Lee

Post by Lee »

Durkins are bringing in new ride very shortly, it is a chair - o - plane ride that telescopes high into the air, whats your info matterhorn.
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

zamperla Vertical Swing ?
Lee

Post by Lee »

I was not given any other information, matterhorn might have some
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

it could be like that new euro attraction, its a huge tower, with seating on it... heres the pic...

would be cool to have!
Lee

Post by Lee »

yea that could be it it is supposed to go really high in the air i could not work out how this would happen, but now i see the picture, i can see how.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

This looks great. Mite b the new technical park one. These dont require a crane to set up. I think the tower is conected in the middle and goes up like the mega drop. Sounds good. Could c this at sydney in the carnival near acer arena
PNC

Post by PNC »

the zamperla one also sets up with no crane and is all loaded on one trailer
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

All I can say is HELL NO! There is no way in the world you will get me on one of those! I don't think I like the idea of being suspended that high in the air with just a chain...
princess

Post by princess »

Hurricane, you can ride No Limit, but you wont go on this one! :shock:
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I don't do Ferris Wheels (well... they aren't that bad anymore) but, Swinging 35 meters in the air, with just a chain doesn't seem like my cuppa tea!

Princess, if it comes to EKKA or I go to Sydney show, and it's there, i'll ride it, but YOU have to come on it with me :P
benclare

Post by benclare »

Durkin's new purchase sounds great and it's sure to be a winner for them. I love rides that go high in the sky and I'm sure this one will be one of my faves. Is it like a Waveswinger, ski lift or does it do something like No Limit?
princess

Post by princess »

I am trying to confirm this at the moment, ok Hurricane I think I can do this one.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Ben it is like a Waveswinger (except it does not undulate in and out) - the main chairswing hub rises up a tower of a similar height to Mega Drop, then slowly descends back to the ground, all while spinning the riders like a chairswing. Zierer was the first to come up with this design - no surprises it has been cloned by the Italian manufacturers, who no doubt offer smaller more portable versions more suited to the Australian showmen.
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Ive seen some videos of Star Flyer (not sure if its one of the originals or the Italian ripp-offs),and it looks amazing.I have to admit to some trepidation about riding it though.