Another Roundup

Top Gunner14

Another Roundup

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I have been told that there is another round up on the way out onto the show circuit. Its getting rebuilt by Ted Foster. Its an old round up but is completly rebuilt. Dont know when it'll be out. Be a good ride for ted 2 add to his line up of thrill rides with the top gun, sizzler, zoomer and dodgems

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

The Roundup is an awesome ride and fortunately is still quite common on the country show and carnival circuit.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Very fun ride indeed ben. One of my first thrill rides. I remember when i was bout 8 or 9, roundup was at huskison for xmas. And i couldnt wait to ride it. But we went past the carnival during the day and it was all racked up. I had a BIG cry :cry: Lol But the nxt week it came bac and had my ride. So much fun
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

The Round Up is one of those classic rides I always ride whenever I see one. This is very good news.
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

A classic for sure,I was happy to see the Tornado at Sale this year,rode it twice.I think the last time I saw it was around 98.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

You may be interested to know, when the designers at Chance Rides were experimenting with ideas, they welded a set of zipper cars onto a modified Roundup. They were pleased with the results, paving the way for the production of Chaos (i.e. Durkins Chaos)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Wow, thats some good info. Thanx 4 sharin that

Cheers
Top Gunner14
zipperdude22

Post by zipperdude22 »

thats awsome! that would look really cool have u got anny pics of it dave? i would have called that ride the zip up! the cars would have probly fliped more to id say tho id like to see a zipper with chaos cars on it so it could have the outside feeling, I love the round up myself too i like how when ur at the highest level of it you kinda fall off but then it feels like it catches you, topgunner you brining up the huskison carnival brings back great memories of me as a youngster its a great little set up there
ride the zipper!!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ive been goin there since i was 6 and im now 14 so about 8 years. I remember the used to do it at white sands park but then they re vamped it. I thought that was the end of the carnival :cry: But then we went 4 a drive past the cinema, around the corner, AND THERE IT WAS the carnival at the bowling club :lol:

But ill try and get the rides list 4 wat malonas is takin down. Hopefully power surge goes and hurricane. But i say hurri wont go cause of noise and people will complain. But id say round up, cha cha, giant slide, dodgems and all the others go. I remember them takin the wild chairs to white sands but dont take them anymore. Ill also take sum pics and do a full review

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Also, this round up is on 1 trailer. Im gettin some pics of it soon
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Zipperdude, yes I have seen 1 photo of it, but it was for my eyes only, it was interesting to know that despite all the computers and methematical formulas, ride ideas are still experimented with in this practical way.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Was just speaking to Ted Foster yesterday and his ride is just about complete. The actual ride is all together and finished, just getting the motor and gears done now. I'd say it'll only be doing hire jobs, not shows. But some good news, can't wait to see it.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Boring.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks for the comment Huss :roll:
tooheyzz

Post by tooheyzz »

Haven't been on a Round Up for at least 12 years
Is rather a unique experience can't really think of a another ride like it
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Maybe a Huss UFO, this is much the same but the ride is alot bigger. Yeh, Roundup's are good rides
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

HUSS UFO would be amazing, haven't ridden it yet at Luna Park, but still would love a portable model....I'm really just waiting for a showman to bring out a HUSS BREAKDANCE, that would be amazing, would also love to see PIRATE back at the capitals, but that won't happen.... went past Wittingslows tonight, all the same stuff in the lot, couldnt see Enterprise.
Jobius

Post by Jobius »

Huss go to Luna Park Sydney if you can. Then you can ride both as they have both a Huss UFO and a Breakdance( Spider). Plus a Huss Ranger and a Huss Troika( Tumblebug)!!!
Its probably the greatest concentration of Huss rides in Australia!!
You would be in Huss heaven!!
It might interest you to know that when the '95 incarnation of Luna Park was in the planning stage the Huss Rainbow was originally slated to go into the park instead of the Ranger. I have a pic of the original model concept if you would like to see it. I can't help but think that it would have been a better coice for the park, being a more family orientated ride and would provide a great vantage poitn for the spectacular views from the harbour!! At least then it would have had a permanent home!!

Cheers
Jobius
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Glad Rainbow didn't go to Sydney, Wittingslow were stupid enough to let all those Huss rides go to the park, just think now how good they would be.
They have ruined Breakdance.... enough said.

show us the pic Jobius, would love to see the model of the rainbow
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yep you're right Huss. If Rainbow had gone into LPS, it would've been ruined like most of the other Huss rides there which run much slower than before.

As for UFO, it generally runs faster than the Roundup and although each ride cycle doesn't last long, it doesn't seem to have been slowed down like Spider and Tumble Bug, perhaps because it is at the other end of LPS away from the apartment buildings.
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

I remember riding the UFO the first and only time I attended the Melbourne show..around '88 /'89.I vividly recall it didn't spin fast enough to keep me securely pinned to the back of the cage,and had to hold on for dear life..ha ha :lol: .I enjoyed it immensely though,paticularly because I'd only experienced Round Up's/Tornado's prior to riding it,so the height of the UFO took my breath away.Also rode the Huss Ranger,Pirate,Enterprise,Breakdance..it was Melbourne's golden years.2 Zippers,Turbo,from memory a blue? Hurricane...and some others I'm sure I'm forgetting.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Matt D I also remember that year (89-90) seeing UFO for the first time operating was a daunting sight. (I was not brave enough to ride it). I would suggest the reason why you felt you weren't sticking to the side was due to your light body weight. How old were you?

Ben, like the Enterprise, the speed of the main wheel is not something to be 'adjusted' by park maintenance. There is a built-in sensor which will lower the main arm automatically if it detects the slightest decrease in speed of the main wheel. (this will happen if it is unbalanced by anymore than 2 people on either side)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I love how HUSS rides are soo temperamental about weight.... then you have wonder why Rainbow doesn't do a full circle, because they don't pay attention to weight. Main thing is that the ride is operating I guess.....
but please Garry, I've been pleading since 2004.... Bring the ride to Melbourne, us guys are soo good to your rides! I'd love to see Ranger at the Melbourne Show too...
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Yeah, I was pretty young at the time Zamperla,around 9 or 10 (Can't be sure because I can't recall the exact year).I regret not riding Turbo while I was there...but I was spoilt for choice,and ran out of money rather quickly..as you do.I was also somewhat intimidated by Turbo..very evil looking!..ha ha.Hopefully it makes it's comeback soon.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I find the UFO a very fun ride. It's also on top of a food bar at Luna Park so that probably makes it a more scarier ride expieience higher up. But it was probably on top of a building at elbourne back in those days? And agree Huss, O'Neill's Ranger should definately be doing a heap more shows. Does it do any other shows besides Hawkesbury and Sydney?