Scorpion

CrazyCoaster424

Scorpion

Post by CrazyCoaster424 »

Hey Guys, In other topics on this form I've red that the scorpion has changed owners, can anyone shed some light on this?

CrazyCoaster424
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yep, Goldenway amusements sold it to Peter Stratton
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
CrazyCoaster424

Post by CrazyCoaster424 »

Really? I thought that they would never sell it! Do ya recon that we still could see it here in Shepparton?

CrazyCoaster
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yes I think it's a shame golden Way sold the Scorpion as it was such a valuable asset due to its portibility; it did just about every festival, private event and agricultural show they were involved in!

Scorpion will continue to do regional shows but it remains to be seen whether it'll turn up at the major capital city events; the odds are against it but you never know.
PNC

Post by PNC »

i agree, for such an easy ride i was suprised to have heard it sold, i would have liked to have known it was for sale
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Strattons are taking it everywhere, Im a little bit sick of seeing it soo much to be honest.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I luv the scorpian. I hope they bring it 2 hawkesbury. Goldenway sold it for a change and to pay off Halloween their new ghost train. It is a easy ride to transport. Hes now got that, an ali baba and the explorer. Got some good attractions up his sleeve
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Scorpion is rank... not fun, not exciting, not thrilling.... Plain borring, send it somewhere far away
princess

Post by princess »

Huss dont you ever leave this sight, you really know how to get down to the nitty gritty lol :lol: love it
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Scorpian doesnt hav a different expierience but is still lots of fun. I know where ur comin from huss
benclare

Post by benclare »

I'm a bit of a Scorpion fan myself and even managed to drag Dad onto it last year. It's a bit rough on my stomach though, especially just near the end when it spins constantly; I thought I was going to pass out once! :oops:
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Funny thing was, from many people they were like, oh it will probably make you feel sick.... it felt like a Cha Cha in air.... didn't feel anything on my stomach... so I dunno, but of an anticlimax
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Hmmm... I first rode Scorpion at the Canberra show about 4 years ago, I didn't really find it that thrilling at all to be honest.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I was unfortunate (or stupid) enough to ride it after coming straight off the Zipper at the 07 Geelong Show- another 30 seconds of spinning and I would have most likely left a liquid sample of my ride experience.

I do like the design of the ride as far as its portability. But I have to say, I find it better to watch than ride. (but the teens who line up for it will tell you different)
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Guys from Goldenway bought stuff off me in june last year, (when here for rocky show) and said that this deal was done then...
Have seen pics of it at shows since then with goldenway flags still on it, so who knows..
Just after they bought extreme speed.
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

not extreme speed... hehe no limit i meant... its late:)
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Josh you were right the first time (extreme speed)
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

oops, hehe.. been out of the loop for a bit hey...
Funderstruck

Re: Scorpion

Post by Funderstruck »

This is one of my alltime favs. Jeff Miller ran it for years for Goldenway. I rode one in the UK at Adventure Island at southend on sea. It was themed with a big scorpion on the top. They have pics and a video on their website.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh I enjoyed the Scorpian too. I haven't seen it since Hawkesbury 07 I think. Good fun ride, loved those cars swinging out at full speed
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

I especially liked the shape of the carriages, with the coves on both sides at the front and back, it wouldn't be a big job to turn one into a motorised 'go-kart' if you were able to source one from the manufacturer.Could you just imagine the looks you would get cruising around in something like that at Summernats or Wintersun car festivals? I've seen stranger things motorised like barstools, mini hotrods and even eskies. Hmm....makes me wanna get my old Dodgem car powered under it's own steam!
Deefa.
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Funny you mention this. It kind of made me think that one of the things I like most about rides is the different 'tubs' and 'cars' we find ourselves hopping into. I dunno maybe I am a weird ride nerd but it seems a big part of the ride experience to me....haha, ahhhh how I just like those few minutes of sitting and waiting in any ride for it to start.... I just tried to think of my personal favorite car/tub...but I like them all too much I would not dare choose one :oops:
princess

Post by princess »

DEEFA DODGEM wrote:makes me wanna get my old Dodgem car powered under it's own steam!
I would like to see that, surly it has been done somewhere, would make a good circus routine for a clown!!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

My preference would be a breakdance car converted (nice and compact and easy to park)

For higher capacity, I'd drive around in a HUSS Ranger bus (super-coach!)
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Are you calling me a clown Princess?? :wink: :wink: Actually, it has been done a few times. I found a clip on youtube a while ago where some crackers are driving 1953 Lusse Auto Skooters around a carpark in the U.S. ,but I can't seem to find it now.(?) I did find another clip from the states which shows a 'glass Dodgem car being driven around. Hopefully, there will be be one cruising around Rocky in the not too distant future (as soon as I extract a digit). The model in the clip gets along pretty well so I may have to juice my motor up as mine is all steel and has a solid rubber bumper and not a cushioned one as they have now. Will post some pix soon of "Deefa's Dodgem" to give you a bit of an idea of what I'm in for.Hmm, avgas and a shot of nitrous comes to mind! :twisted:
Enjoy the clip..........Deefa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTbwrMN6uEk&NR=1