Orbitor

Aussie Ride Broker

Orbitor

Post by Aussie Ride Broker »

Recieved confirmation today that a T/M Orbitor is on the way here to Brisbane subject to Engineers Inspection which will go into service after refit around early - mid 2010. This is really great news as this has always been my favourite ride.

Australian's Leading Ride Broker
www.australianamusementbrokers.com.au(In Recess)
Zamperla
Administrator

Re: Orbitor

Post by Zamperla »

Likewise, great ride, surprised we don't have more of them operating. Fingers crossed for Ekka 2010.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh good news. I've never seen one face to face so hopefully it may come down and do a few NSW shows. Can you confirm who the owners are or where the ride has come from?
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Nice. The Orbitor has to be in my list of all time favorites. Can't wait for it already!
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Thats good news! Hopefuly it will come down and do some vic shows next year. I wonder who has purchased the ride?
v8dodgem

Post by v8dodgem »

be good to see a orbitor once worked on witts orbitor wen pepe was the main man at melb show long time ago now last time i worked with pepe was on happy woods joy wizzer before pinks had it
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

V8dodgem, you might be able to clear this one up for me, but my hazy memories of riding Witts Orbitor as a youngster were that it didn't have a checkplate deck on it, it somehow was set up on the ground. Would this be right?
v8dodgem

Post by v8dodgem »

yes it sat on grownd but did have chq plate floor wich was put together che centre wen trailerd would sit between axels and goose neck u would drive it on to position then remove a few pins then drive round with goose neck still on turntable of truck and back it up to rear ofaxles and pin them together making a small trailer un pin the axels from centre and pull away then put up ride then base was built arms out and cars on etc
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Zamperla on anyone are there any photos of the ex-Witt's Orbitor? Sounds interesting I don't think I've ever seen any photos of an Orbitor like that
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

Orbitor's are great rides, high capacity, very fast movement, The one located in WA pulls close to 5 Gs , really keeps you pinned to the seat. Fast put it and pull down, should take 1 hour to put up and another hour to pull down, although it has been done in 45 minutes each way. The orbitor in perth was pretty much built from the ground up, They only bought the motor and plans for the arms and platform / base and built the rest for themself's , the car moulds are still floating around.
Last edited by CoinKing on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
princess

Post by princess »

CoinKing wrote:1 hour to put up and another hour to pull down
Wow that is fantastic. :D
Aussie Ride Broker

Post by Aussie Ride Broker »

To my best knowledge it will be at least 2 weeks before our Engineers in the States complete their reports on the 4 units currently available. As soon as these details are available and the owner makes his descission on which unit he is after, and we forward the LOC and get the unit on board ship bound to Brisbane, I will definately name the owner of the ride.

Australian's Leading Ride Broker
www.australianamusementbrokers.com.au(In Recess)