Wipeout (Chance Trabant)

Dazzleland

Wipeout (Chance Trabant)

Post by Dazzleland »

Is the Wipeout still in commission?
I last saw this one at the 2008 Civic Park Spectacular!
BSQ

Re: Wipeout (Chance Trabant)

Post by BSQ »

I have one (Same make as the one in the photo Bennets machine) still a good tool and easy to transport. :)
Tilt01

Post by Tilt01 »

Durkins imported a unit into Australia about 35 years ago. I think it was Ivan Bennett made machine and was one of the first trailer mounted rides with a fold up deck.

Power came from a Ford diesel which was mounted in the centre of the ride.

This may be the unit operated by Big Show Queensland.
princess

Post by princess »

Lol, I remember it
Tilt01 wrote:Durkins imported a unit into Australia about 35 years ago. I think it was Ivan Bennett made machine and was one of the first trailer mounted rides with a fold up deck.

Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Rides and Slides have one called the 'Frisbee' Not sure how often it goes out, as I last saw it last year at a music festival in Gladstone..
"Slingshot , Engage"
BSQ

Post by BSQ »

The Satellite (Bennetts) ride that was imported by Burns, Chyane and Washington in 1965 it was run by Durkins after a argument of who would run the ride, broke out, Stan Durkin was walking past and Old Ron Burns said to to Stan "you run it for us", fixing the problem. (Story I was told)
The ride didn't have a folding deck when it came (had a set up wooden floor in sections that racked up the sides of the centre) The folding deck was fitted later by Old Ron burns and Martin Fielden.
The ride was fitted with a 4 cylinder ford industrial Diesel motor and a D.C. Generator to power the controls and Lights.
The Satellite (Trabant) was the first of the 24 built by Bennetts and is built bigger and heaver than the rest, the main boom arm is 3 feet out of centre (longer) than all others, the boom arm can also lift to 85 deg.

When the ride was purchased by my family it was totally worn out, It spent months being repaired and rebuilt (main bearings, sweep pins, platform, chassis and hydraulics)

Tilt01 wrote:Durkins imported a unit into Australia about 35 years ago. I think it was Ivan Bennett made machine and was one of the first trailer mounted rides with a fold up deck.

BSQ

Post by BSQ »

Josh in Rocky wrote:Rides and Slides have one called the 'Frisbee' Not sure how often it goes out, as I last saw it last year at a music festival in Gladstone..
I Was told the Frisbee had been purchased by Carnivalland.
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

Any pics of the above?
tooheyzz

Post by tooheyzz »

Dazzleland wrote:Any pics of the above?
Here Rides N Slides Frisbee

FRISBEE 40 SEAT SHOW RIDE
The Frisbee spin ride gives you an
adrenalin rush like nothing else seats
PNC

Post by PNC »

the rides and slides unit has been sold to carnival land amusements in brisbane, im pretty sure they have had an extensive rebuild on the mechanical side as well
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

I remember seeing the Frisbee parked racked up a block from my place a couple of years ago. It looked like it just had a whole new floor put on it and a fresh paint job and lights as well (obviously they didn't do the mechanicals?). I didn't recognise what it was at first- it had S.A. number plates on it- until I saw it at a small carnival at Yeppoon on the coast from Rocky. One used to come to Rocky in the late 70's early 80's as was themed as a roulette wheel with a die (dice) mounted in the centre. Last time I was at Dreamworld several years ago, they had a Trabant there name "Stingray". I was watching it as it was slowing down from a cycle and managed to catch the Chance built plate and I'm sure the manufacture date was 1969.

Deefa.