chaos ride

showtime

chaos ride

Post by showtime »

dose anyone know if Paul and Wade Watkins are getting the chaos cause I've been told that they are but it's only what i got told so can anyone confirm it . cause i think it was a very good ride in it's day and like it said somewhere in here it hasn't been to a county show before so if they get it good luck to the Watkins family . but it looks a bit sad now so i hope they can restore it to it's hey day .!!!cheerz!!! showtime.. :)
RexDragon

Re: chaos ride

Post by RexDragon »

Ah yes, the Chance Chaos ride. I would really like to see it in the showgrounds again. Didn't know there was one owned by Watkins. I only know that there's one owned by Durkin, but it hadn't appeared the last couple of Easter Shows along with their Tivoli's Move It (dunno if it's Tivoli or KMG). Goodness knows when they might show up again.
PNC

Post by PNC »

Chaos has been for sale for a while, maybe Watkins bought it, they were looking at some other rides as well
showtime

Post by showtime »

PNC wrote:Chaos has been for sale for a while, maybe Watkins bought it, they were looking at some other rides as well
thanks !PNC! do you know what one's they where looking at ? !!!cheers!!!.. showtime :)
showtime

Post by showtime »

RexDragon wrote:Ah yes, the Chance Chaos ride. I would really like to see it in the showgrounds again. Didn't know there was one owned by Watkins. I only know that there's one owned by Durkin, but it hadn't appeared the last couple of Easter Shows along with their Tivoli's Move It (dunno if it's Tivoli or KMG). Goodness knows when they might show up again.
yeah so would i Rex it was a good ride to go on i had fun on it at the royal Sydney show a few years back ....and Paul and wade Watkins don't own one i just wanted to know if they was buying the one off durkin's cause i would like to see it do the the show run's !!!cheers!!! showtime :)
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

has it been repaired since its fire?
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

So that's why I haven't seen Chaos for a long time! When did the incident occur?
princess

Post by princess »

Wasn't this the prime Mover on fire, not the ride.
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

princess wrote:Wasn't this the prime Mover on fire, not the ride.
It was the prime mover.
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

it was the truck but didnt 6 cars get damage to them from the heat?
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

Chance invented this ride after putting zipper cars on a round up!
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

they now need to put chaos cars on a zipper.
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

dell2006 wrote:it was the truck but didnt 6 cars get damage to them from the heat?
I think they did. Only melted the plastic.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Can confirm Paul and Wade have bought the ride. Should go alright at the country shows that they do, wish them luck with it
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

what rides do they also own? an what shows do they travel to?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Wade Watkins owns the Midnight Madness if i'm correct, And Paul owns the Kamikaze.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Stewart Watkins owns the Midnight Madness and Brian owns the Kamikaze. They now only really have the Dodgem Track as they recently sold the Super Trooper. Within their family they also have a few inflatables and maybe a few kids rides, there's also Clint who owns a few things, him being Paul's other son
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Too many Watkins to keep on top of... far out >_<
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Probably see it at Traralgon...Kamikaze is a regular,and Midnight Madness has been there the last two years.Haven't had a chance to see or ride one yet,opinion seems to be pretty divided on the ride experience though?!.
ImageImage
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh Matt they will be doing the VIctorian run with it so you will see it. Will more than likely do Traralgon. Yeh it's a different type of ride when I rode it, that was the last year it did Sydney show. I enjoyed the ride but it's not real extreme. Like good for a family sort of thrill ride, as in it can cater for the younger teens and then of course right through to adults. It isn't as extreme as the Zipper either
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

How many chaos rides do we have in this country? Did Watkins buy Durkins Chaos? Durkins Chaos was set up at Newcastle Show yesterday, was wondering if it was that unit they
bought. Unfortunately this year the claw was running fine, Chaos was broken down.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Only ever been the one Chaos operating (Durkins) though Chance Mfg have delivered 2 (first delivery was a total lemon and was swapped under warranty)
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

was the 1st one for Durkin too, and since it was a lemon it was swapped over?
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I am not 100% if it was Durkin who had it originally, I have a feeling it came from WA, possibly under Crowley within 6 months of Durkins buying it. Yes there were many issues with the first one, it was one of the first off the Chance production line - numerous problems including faulty floor pannels - it was later agreed it was getting swapped for a completely different unit... no doubt very costly for Chance.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I wish I knew this Crowley person.... he'd have such good info on Wittingslow's/OCS Rainbow! bah