Dean Davis Zipper

Hardrock

Dean Davis Zipper

Post by Hardrock »

Dean Davis has his zipper forsale on amusementz for $100,000 for quick sale.
Cheap if your after one.
http://www.amusementz.com.au/ClasView.aspx?id=119
Hurricane

Re: Dean Davis Zipper

Post by Hurricane »

Jeez, thats the same asking price as Johnny's Zipper... no idea about mechanics but cosmetically i'd buy Dean's over Johnny's for the same price...
Aussie Ride Broker

Post by Aussie Ride Broker »

I think that for a ride that's just under 40 year old a 100K is just a little steep.

Australian's Leading Ride Broker
www.australianamusementbrokers.com.au(In Recess)
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

What year model approx is Johnny's and Dean's zipper? They were made around the same time if I am correct? I have seen Zipper's for sale for around 25,000 USD. Not in as good cosmetic condition but still.
Aussie Ride Broker

Post by Aussie Ride Broker »

If I can remember back that far Hurricane. Dean's originally owned by Wittingslow's operated from early 70's John's is the Luna Park Sydney unit again early 70's. I'd say sometime around 73-75 best guess.

Australian's Leading Ride Broker
www.australianamusementbrokers.com.au(In Recess)
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Thought as much being the Ex LPS and Wittingslow unit respectively. $100,000 for a ride that is such a commonplace on our show circuit and is that old is a bit much. $50,000 maybe would be more reasonable.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I think $50K for a high capacity, still-popular, easy to transport ride like the Zipper is way under-priced, it really depends on how well it's been looked after. "ready to operate" doesn't mean a whole lot without seeing and hearing it run with your own eyes and ears with a complex baby like the Zipper. It does not help that there is 2 on the Aus market at the same price either.
PNC

Post by PNC »

100k is more than acceptable for a ride that is still a pretty consistent money earner, pity it is a bit big for a fête or hire ride or it would easily be worth the asking price
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Well, obviously given the current market in Australia the 100k mark is a bit much of an asking price otherwise we would have probably seen one sell. Either that or there is just no interest for a Zipper purchase in Australia. I mean I've seen the price on both Zipper's drop from $175,000 to $150,000 then down to $100,000.

I'm not saying the ride isn't worth that much money, but obviously in the Australian Market it's just not worth that much right now.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

A Zipper also needs a very technically-minded (and confident) owner. Many potential owners would be scared off by its 'technology' (for want of a better word) ...on the plus side, it doesn't use any PLC's that require a computer engineer to fix, when the start button doesn't want to work!