New from Mondial

DareWing

New from Mondial

Post by DareWing »

I'll post the link to the first released pictures as it would be rude to place those directly here.
http://themepark.nl/ubbthreads/showflat ... rt=36&vc=1

It's the Mondial Diablo. Looks like their Inferno, but suspended and recalculated.

I'm also very excited about their 'Heartbreaker' they'll release in the coming weeks (it should be a mix of a flying carpet with a tripride on 40°, but the description is very confusing)
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/502/ ... orn0yt.jpg

on the mondial website they mention it very cryptic
"A Money Maker."
"The perfect ride for the new century."
"Why did anybody think of this before?"
"Finally a family ride that nobody has."
"Yes, it is a real Mondial ride."
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

....ahh saw the new ride earlier today.. and its already being criticised as a NIGHT FLY / AIR WOLF rip-off, and when you think about it... it really is... but its a very cool looking ride, id love to see it at our aussie shows...especially with Space Roller looking and performing so well!

chris
benclare

Post by benclare »

Wouldn't it be fun working for these ride manufacturers? I suppose you'd have to possess a good imagination although manufacturers tend to copy one another. I reckon the best job would be a ride tester if such a job exists... Getting on something that has just been built and smelling so new would be an unforgetable experience I reckon.
DareWing

Post by DareWing »

It's based on Inferno, that's for sure. I wouldn't really call it a rip-off (Inferno is also from Mondial) but more a revised smaller version.

inferno is really massive (and expensive) with 4 trailers. I have seen only three of them around (Airwolf, newcomer and Nightfly) so i would hardly call it a success. Nevertheless, I really like Inferno because the position of the seats compared to TopScan.

I believe Mondial will sell much more of their new diablo as it's only on 2 trailers.
Vee

Post by Vee »

DareWing wrote:I believe Mondial will sell much more of their new diablo as it's only on 2 trailers.
At the end of the day, that's what it comes down to

Ride manufacturers make their money from selling attractions to ride operators, if it isn't exciting and easy to operate, it will fail in the marketplace.
Aussie Ride Broker

Post by Aussie Ride Broker »

benclare wrote:Wouldn't it be fun working for these ride manufacturers? I suppose you'd have to possess a good imagination although manufacturers tend to copy one another. I reckon the best job would be a ride tester if such a job exists... Getting on something that has just been built and smelling so new would be an unforgetable experience I reckon.
Actually the Ride manufacturers use there own staff as we say as crash test dummies. I've got one here who enjoys riding my rides and making videos of them with his mobile phone.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

^

Thanks Greg for that :D Sadly the video won't transfer to the PC though :x

But that merry go round sure was fun!

Anywho, I tend to like the look of Mondial rides, so heres hoping this one is good.
DareWing

Post by DareWing »

Ridesdb was very fast to make a movie from Intoxx, and the ride
looks really great in my opinion, it seems to twist even more
smoothly and effortless than the Inferno.

http://www.ridesdb.com/fr/media/video.php?video_id=76
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

What a great video, top stuff by the guys at RidesDB.

Looks like a great little design from Mondial. (little compared to its older brother)
DareWing

Post by DareWing »

Transport picture;

(image by ?)
DareWing

Post by DareWing »

At last the Mondial 'Heartbreaker' left the factory and I was lucky enough that it is showing it's first rides 50m from my doorstep. A Belgian family has hired the 'Pheonix' for the next year.

It arrived yesterdayevening, these are the first movies where they struggled to tame the beast in my opinion;

http://www.kermismovies.be/new/?a=view&b=1211
http://www.kermismovies.be/new/?a=view&b=1212

The ride was 5 euro *coughs*

Btw; it's the same owner who got rid of his unpolular Disc-O-Dance (Pheonix needs about the same place)
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Darewing, great videos! Many thanks for sharing them here.

It is an interesting ride given that it is an original design unlike anything else on the market (I'm sure there will soon be an Italian clone or two)

Can you tell me, are there motors which help flip the rows of seats or is it purely the main movement and counterweights which gets them spinning?
DareWing

Post by DareWing »

Only one motor for main rotation, flipping is with counterweights (due to speed variation of main engine and tilted movement)

It's a bit of a mess at the moment... owner wasn't experienced to give a nice ride, Pheonix missed the opening day and arrived late, on the first day two girls couldn't get off because they couldn't get the restrains open, five euro for a ride that looks like a tripride.

All I can say is that the ride is smooth and less rough than it looks. Maybe they should have taken the non-flipping Heartbreaker (without the counterweights)
DareWing

Post by DareWing »

Just noticed another rumor...

The family will hire Pheonix for one year and will purchase a new 40m high Heartbreaker from Mondial next year :shock:

Source: Zolex @ Themepark.nl
DareWing

Post by DareWing »

Some building pictures from themepark.nl:

http://themepark.nl/ubb/ubbthreads.php? ... Post327598