Para trooper

PNC

Para trooper

Post by PNC »

im looking for picturs of other para troopers

any help will be great
benclare

Post by benclare »

Does anyone know how many Paratroopers there are in Australia? the Trooper is an excellent ride that unfortunately doesn't appear at the capital city shows these days although Ekka used to feature it until about three years ago I think. Pavier's Christmas Carnival at the Entrance had a really good Trooper that swung out over the lake at full height. The smell of salt in the breeze as it went around was magic and a great old memory of mine.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

There are a few out there still running (occasionally), one of which I rode only days ago at the Dandenong Show (run by Reardon's). Units that come to mind:

Patton's (VIC) operated under the name of "SkyDiver"
Laurie's
Bell's(?) pretty sure, can someone confirm if they have one?
Pickett's
Trindall's operated as "Super Trooper" (this was the one regularly at EKKA)

It is a good ride, and resembles the sensations of an enterprise. Interestingly if you ride one in most other parts of the world (especially USA) they are all upright models - I don't think these are as good as the rising ones we have here.

PNC, do you have another to add to this list? 8)
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Bells do have a Paratrooper. It has rainbow colored cars, and a yellow hydraulic arm, the only place I have seen it is at Batemans Bay.
PNC

Post by PNC »

yeh i got one to add to the list, we do alot of school fetes with it, its this reason we dont put all the platform up, we sometimes do 3 jobs in a weekend

ours was renamed the Alien Invader, it was originally owned by marshs then pinks it is registered as X1 in NSW as well for those interested

it does go higher than in these pics, but for the smaller kids we usually run it about there also, since these pics we have added another peice of platform, one day ill set it up complete to see what it looks like[/img]
ride freak

Post by ride freak »

marshes was the one that had red and blue cars with a yellow flower covered in lights in the middle it used to go to the gympie show alot no longer appears any more so im assuming it was marches. i miss it lol
Vee

Post by Vee »

It looks similar in ride sensation to an Enterprise?
PNC

Post by PNC »

ours is the ex marches unit, they had it made by lenmax some years ago, i could find out exactly, we have all the original log books as far as i know.

if anyone has pictures of our trooper in its former glory, please show me, i have been looking for a while now
ride freak

Post by ride freak »

i dont have pictures of it and i assume it was marsh's old one that used to travel up here in queensland as i said befor the cars were red and blue on each car it was painted red with blue leather seats with decrotive lighting on the wheel section with a beautifule yellow flower as the center pice with lights all over it i miss it :) buy the pics if you look through the platform stairs on your paratrooper it has blue and red painted under neath so it might be the origional paint and yes the old marsh's paratrooper had an full circular platform and made it easy for loading and off unloading passengers.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Here is a pic of pikkerts off the website. I've never seen it before. It has yellow and red cars with red lifting arm

Here's a foto off the website: