83%
No
17%

Total votes: 6

Mattie
Super Administrator

Did Merlin take it too far?

Post by Mattie »

If you are wondering what this topic is about, it is in regards to Merlin's eviction on 13 June 2004. Once he began to walk down the ramp to the Eviction stage, Merlin put a piece of tape over his mouth and carried a sign which said "Free The Refugees". He then refused to speak to Gretal on the Eviction stage, making a political statement.

-----------------------

I for one think he did take it too far. He could have pulled out his sign and held it up whilst walking to the stage then put it away once with Gretal. Gretal would have questioned the sign, as with every interview he would attend afterwards. He could have been grown up about the whole saga, instead of making a dick of himself. He would have hurt his cause more then helping it.

However, it was quite interesting to see BB go into panic mode. Gretal was not happy that the show was not going to plan. Though she was quite harsh telling the audience to SHUT UP on a number of occasions, I liked the way she handled it all. We all know its "Gretal's Show" anyway.

Crossing back to the house was proof they did not know what to do. I wonder if Merlin breached his contract by making a political statement?

What is everyone else's opinion?
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

As you guys know, I'm not a regular viewer of BB, and have only ever watched it for the first time on a few episodes this series - I wish I had've seen this? Without doubt, Merlyn has breached his contract.
princess

Post by princess »

Merlin was pathetic, yes he made a dick of himself, though it was compelling viewing, just to see what was going to happen next, Gretel does get very testy with her audiance, she was like it last year as well, which is a little embrassing, I havent heard anything about it today, so has there been any back lash on the radio or tv. Bree did not come over very well when they went back into the room.
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

Yes, he went to far, but I think it was good that he stuck up for what he beleived in, and I dont think i ts up to any of us to say he was a 'dick' for supporting what he beleived in, it would have been good for Gretel and him to have had a chat about it, but I really dont have a problem with it, they should have left him on stage though, it didnt really do anything to take him off and when they crossed back to the house, perhaps they could have gotten Merlin to speak. Gretel did an excellent job of hosting, but BB did a crap job in deciding what to do, by taking him off stage, and THEN going to the house.
Oh, what a dictatorship we have going here hey? You should probably know I didn't take the pics off because I wasn't on the internet all week so I couldn't, you conclusion-jumpist!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

yeah he took it too far, there was soo many other ways he could have shown his belief's, and tonights yawn fest on nominations gave me EVEN MORE reason to hate him
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

Yes, but how much attention would have been paid to him then, jeez i dunno, none! Good on ya Merlin, he brought up a valid argument, and ive always been a firm beleiver, in abolishing detention centers, wait i take that back, I beleive in short term immigration holding centers, rather then locking them up for years at a time, like they do.
Oh, what a dictatorship we have going here hey? You should probably know I didn't take the pics off because I wasn't on the internet all week so I couldn't, you conclusion-jumpist!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

this is a bb thread, not a political thread
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

Subject="Did Merlin tkae it too far?"

I was just offering my thoughts on the said subject...
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

yes merlin, i didnt want to know about all the refugee issue, its already been shoved down our throats a while ago