Gravity

Where you can get away from the "Amusement" topic and have a little fun
princess

Gravity

Post by princess »

Call this the ramblings of an old woman if you like and I know I have mentioned this before, would having a weightless "ride" be something you would like to try, I for one would like to experience weightlessness, without having to get wet, how do Nasa train their pilots in weightlessness, I have seen rooms where they put people in to experience weightlessness on TV, watching Prof Stephen Hawkins, recently, in a room floating for one, so is it viable, how do they make it work, maybe not a thrill ride, but imo still something of interest. Anyone have any opinions on this.
Zamperla
Administrator

Re: Gravity

Post by Zamperla »

Last I heard there are 2 companies offering it, the most realistic experience achieved by nose-diving a modified 747 into freefall for a few minutes (seats taken out and turned into one giant padded cell) The Russians started doing it first followed by America.

Would be one very expensive carnival ride. I think the only other way is with a huge fan simulating sky-diving but this wouldn't be as realistic.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I see a photo of none other than Steven Hawking by the US company offering it (USD$5,000) - http://www.gozerog.com/
princess

Post by princess »

Lol, Zamperla, when I win Lotto, something to consider. The 747 experience is not high on my prefrences, just for the record.
Last edited by princess on Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

LOL, Just ride the Giant Drop Princess!
princess

Post by princess »

Yep I definitely have a date with that Hurricane :D
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Lol, come up one week and I'll take you on it... or the Flycoaster! But yeah... I want to go Skydiving for my 18th... so Maybe you could come jump out of the perfectly save aeroplane with me Princess! :D
princess

Post by princess »

Hurricane that would not be a lovely experience, of weightlessness, that would be definitely a what goes up must come down scenario.