Victorian Fires

Where you can get away from the "Amusement" topic and have a little fun
princess

Victorian Fires

Post by princess »

On a bit of a serious note, are all our members safe, I have lost three friends, has anyone heard from Matt D.
Hurricane

Re: Victorian Fires

Post by Hurricane »

That's really sad Princess, send there families my deepest sympathy. I havn't heart from from Matt D latley either, or Space Roller Freak. Hopefully everyone is alright.
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

I'm fine,thanks for the concern guys..it was pretty scary on Saturday though,a 50 k fire front was heading our way,and it's still burning out of control.
princess wrote:I have lost three friends.
Thats horrible,my condolences to you and their families.

Yeah,Space Roller Freak,let us know you're OK.
ImageImage
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Hello guys, i'm fine. A few of my friends live in buxton which has been burn't out. They also have two buisnesses in Marysville which has also been burn't out. They are now currently staying at a friends place in Healsville which is now under threat from ember attacks. On Saturday Lake Wendouree was on fire, but they put it out quickly. The Lake has been burnt on a number of occasions since late December. Anyway, thanks for your concern but i'm ok.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

That's a relief to know that you guy's are okay, just make sure you all stay safe. I feel sorry for anyone who has been affected by these Bushfires, as I know first hand how devastating they can be. We lost our house in the 2003 Canberra Bushfires, which I thought was a big fire... but nothing compared to what people are experiencing as we speak. The work the firefighters are doing is just amazing, and I'm sure they are looking forward to a WELL deserved rest when the fires have been contained.
princess

Post by princess »

Thanks guys for replying, so glad that you are both ok, my friends were near St Andrews, Strathewen, this has been absolutely devestating, keep safe, remember you can rebuild, but you only get 1 life