Schapelle Corby Poll - guilty, innocent or undecided?

Where you can get away from the "Amusement" topic and have a little fun

Do you believe she is:

Guilty
31%
Innocent
38%
I'm undecided
31%

Total votes: 13

Zamperla
Administrator

Schapelle Corby Poll - guilty, innocent or undecided?

Post by Zamperla »

What is your opinion on Schapelle Corby's charges?
Trav

Post by Trav »

I am still undecided.

If Shappelle's version of events are completley true, why was she not aware her boogie board bag was obviously a liittle heavier? Furthermore, the bag must of looked quite different (or bulky) than usual? Why did she even bother taking a boogie board over in the first place? She could have saved on the baggage and just hired a board over there for goodness sake! Unless she is a professional Boogie Boarder rider and had to compete in an event :lol:

Watching her reaction to the verdict was disturbing, and I do feel sorry for her (especially if baggage handlers are truly guilty). Indonesia are really making an example out of her. The judge has never acquitted one person over drugs charges before (this is strikingly odd if you ask me?) hmmm.

Indonesia do thrive off Australia for their tourism $'s. This case is sure to cause a detrimental effect to their economy.
princess

Post by princess »

I have worked at Sydney Airport with a courier company owned by Qantas, I have no doubt that if you want to smuggle drugs between states you can, it is simple, you load something into a bag, especially one so obvious tell another handler in whichever state what to look for and there you have it, they unload it at the other end, it is easy.

As for her being guilty, with the baggage handlers being questioned, there is obvious reasonable doubt regarding her guilt.

We are having arguments in this house about it, it reminds me of the dingo did it scenario of all those years ago.
DareWing

Post by DareWing »

I voted 'undecided'

I don't know what story to believe. Indonesia has a huge problem atm (before drugs were mostly only for export) drugs don't only destroy a persons life, it emotionally destroys whole families or even a complete country (see opium wars http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~dee/CHING/OPIUM.HTM )

IMO she doesn't look guilty and I feel sorry for her to let her rot away in a foreign prison but the facts are there... Everybody should take care of his baggage. I personally only take handbaggage with me when I travel (yes... it's possible) because locks are forced open anyway if they see something unusual while scanning.

Everybody can be tempted to get easy money unless when it's clear what the consequences are.
calisota

Post by calisota »

I think that libel laws would prevent me from repeating the conversations I've had with people here on the Coast who have had "dealings" with her but I voted guilty.

What really makes me mad is the people who want their donations back from the Tsunami appeals. Presumably they think she is innocent and presumably they believe she had the drugs planted on her at either Brisbane or Sydney airports. Now, rather than boycotting those airports or demanding to know who was working there and what happened, they are trying to take back money from poor innocent people who have had their lives destroyed and loved ones killed by an act of nature.

These are the people who refuse to admit that there may be "bad" people in Australia and instead assume all the ills of the world come from overseas. Now they want to punish another country for something that (allegedly) happened here.

Sorry for the rant but I got so mad when I heard this was happening.

Greg
princess

Post by princess »

Yeah I have heard the rumours from the coast as well, but there is definitely cause for reasonable doubt.