New Attraction

Wet N Wild, Queensland, Australia
Funderstruck

New Attraction

Post by Funderstruck »

There are 3 big white poles out the front of Wet and Wild I noticed this week. Looks like it could be a Fly Coaster with the two main poles connected and one pole on its own out the back (used as the winch post to pull back the gondola). Could this be the Fly Coaster recently removed from Adrenalin Park in Surfers?????
PowerWave

Re: New Attraction

Post by PowerWave »

I think the flycoaster that Wet n Wild are getting is a new model as it looks bigger than the one in Surfers Paradise. Last I head the Flycoaster, Bungee Tower and ParaNoia were heading to somewhere near kingston park raceway. They are also opening a ZipLine and have opened AquaLoop and a FlowRider this year.
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

I did notice the Towers at Wet and Wild were alot taller.
I was the one with the info about the Bungee Tower and ParaNoia apparentley going near Kingston Park. But the guy told me that Fly Coaster was owned by someone else.
The fly coaster guys have taken over the mini golf near Q1 and added their Bungy Tramps see here http://www.flycoaster.com/fly/
I see it says "Fly Coaster, Surfers Paradise Australia, is taking a short break.

We have hung our ropes up and will let you know when you can FLY again, shortly."
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

The new attraction is a ZipLine
http://wetnwild.myfun.com.au/Attraction ... pLine.aspx
Not something I would expect for them, seems Village Roadshow have been making poor decisions lately
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

Update Zip Lines will be in the park but my first thought of a Fly Coaster is correct. http://adventureropegear.com/blog/?p=496
I believe they will be pay as you play attractions. I cant see people spending all that money to get in will then pay extra for these. Not being funny but when Fly was open in Surfers it was never busy. Might have wasted a few bucks on this one.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Flycoaster has often been busy when I have seen it. IMO they are worth the money if you have never done them before. And if they are REALLY smart, they could offer it at a reduced price ($10 dollars) for VIP pass holders etc. I don't see it being too expensive considering you pay what 15 dollars for a ride on Speed or FreeStyle. This ride is much more thrilling IMO than either of them. And considering the one at Surfers was only 30m and this one is 50m I don't see it being too bad of a investment if they don't charge over the top amounts to ride.