Luna Park

Luna Park Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
princess

Luna Park

Post by princess »

Luna Park you looked fantastic last night, all rides were going, all lights were on and looking beautiful, could see Hurricane in amongst the rides, looking great, there was also a Hurricane and Zizzler at, what looked like a private function at Darling Harbour, I miss the Hurricane at the Easter show, so was great to see it at two venues on the harbour last night.
Lee

Post by Lee »

Mega drop and haunted mansion will be at luna park for christmas
benclare

Post by benclare »

Interesting! Mega Drop will offer the punters a fantastic view of the harbour before it drops; it's sure to be extremely popular!
princess

Post by princess »

It will certainly be a great view Ben, Mega Drop always looks good from a distance too, so I will definitely be enjoying the view from my venue.

Is Haunted Mansion the first ghost train to be at Luna Park, since the Ghost train fire, (not sure) anyone know.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Depends which side you sit - you might be able to watch some tv in someone's apartment. 8)
princess

Post by princess »

Never gave that a thought, now that puts a whole new perspective on voyerisum, lol :shock: :lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thats some good rides there. They need another thrill. Maybe power surge should go again
benclare

Post by benclare »

If they put the Mega Drop near the Ranger and Spider, chances are it'll close at 6:00 PM each night as that's where the apartments are and I dare say the residents would definitely complain about the noise.

I maybe wrong but I think there was a Temple of Doom style ghost train in Luna Park during the 80's.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Id say that they wont allow all the sounds like the count downs and "ARE YOU READY" noises. But would be a bit weird, annoying and disturbing having a big lit up pole at ur window for a month Lol
princess

Post by princess »

Suppose it could go in the main area, it does not have a very large foot print.

Thanks Ben I could not recall any mention of a ghost train.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Hmmm... I'm not going to ask about the Voyeurism Princess...

Anyway, I wonder how long the Osbourne's will be allowed to even have the Mega Drop set up before the residents have a whinge...

I'm now taking bets on it.
princess

Post by princess »

Mega Drop is no higher than speed or some others that have been there in recent times, I think they may have to turn down the countdown, unless they are in the main area, I am sure that Luna Park will have it all worked out, so as to cover themselves, we dont want to be the ones to ruin it for anyone, when it may just as well, all be under control. Do'nt forget without the countdown, this ride is noiseless, that would actually add a different dimension to the ride, no countdown, just a timeless time held above, no warning at all, mmmmmm, could be better.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

U cant even hear the countdown when ur up the top
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Also other rides for this years carnival:
Roc n Tug
Power Surge
Crazy Cars

Good line up along with mega drop and haunted mansion. So 5 rides this yr.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Vee

Post by Vee »

Top Gunner14 wrote:U cant even hear the countdown when ur up the top
The sound system faces the street - a real pain when your working opposite
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes thats right vee. I hate it when its a busy day or night at the shows. All the ride operators turn the volume up on the rides. But i guess it adds to the carnival atmosphere
princess

Post by princess »

Atmosphere, that is what it creates, (how old are you two lol.) :shock: :lol:
benclare

Post by benclare »

I love the atmosphere! I'm sure the volume of Mega Drop will be toned down for LPS as the Hurricane was last time I was there. They covered it with something that stopped the characteristic noise as the cars bounced; you could hear it a bit but there was no music, hardly any screaming and it closed early each evening.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Im 14 princess. Ur right ben, its a shame they turn the noise down thats wat creates the atmosphere
princess

Post by princess »

Lol Topgunner, how loud do you listen to your ipod, mmmmm as I said earlier they may have to forego the sound to some extent, Ben what is the atmosphere at Luna Park like, with barly any sound, how is the atmosphere, with your particular sensitivity, you would be able to pick up how it feels.
benclare

Post by benclare »

The atmosphere is flat flat flat without the music, screaming and constant talk from the ride operators. The bottom end of LPS where the Ranger, Spider and portible rides usually operate is the worst, being close to the houses and if it weren't for the sound of the Ranger, you'd be forgiven for thinking no rides existed there at all. It's a bit better near the main entrance with the Tango Train offering the best atmosphere but nothing like what goes on at the shows and carnivals. The atmosphere of a pumping carnival is my second favourite thing about visiting one no doubt about that. I could walk around all day listening to it with only occasional breaks away from it to rest the ear drums. :)
princess

Post by princess »

So what about Dreamworld, or Seaworld, I dont think I can remember any music, or spurking, so how do they get atmosphere, there really isnt any is there.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Dreamworld is much better than luna park for atmosphere. Its shockin luna park
benclare

Post by benclare »

You're right princess. The rides at Dream World, Seaworld etc are world class but the atmosphere is nothing compared to a carnival. The parks themselves usually play music but it's usually that musac stuff that is relevant to live shows that may be running. I bet the people working on the entrance gates of those places get sick of the constant rerunning of the park's advertisements. The RES have started doing this too, especially at the Olympic Boulevard entrance.
princess

Post by princess »

Mega Drop is set up and by the looks of it ready to go, I was quite suprised just how tall it was, :shock: it towers over Luna Park, no lights were on last night. Shoud look impressive when the lights are eventually turned on?

I could not see Haunted Mansion, so not sure where this will be located, it does not appear to be at the rear of Luna Park, I will get the binoculors out next time I pass and have a better look.