Moomba 2013

Super Loops

Moomba 2013

Post by Super Loops »

Anyone know some rides going this year? I looked on the website but failed to find any info. I found the map, and it actually has a looping roller coaster on there!!! could this be for real or just a cruel joke to get people like me excited, I would like to think that Big Dipper has made it's way over but I doubt it. :?:
HUSSRAINBOW

Re: Moomba 2013

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

it's just a logo to represent the carnival for the commoners....

don't expect too much this year, a lot of big names aren't there this year. Moomba will be gone in a few years, I can just see it, gets worse every year.
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

To think that I used to look forward to Moomba more than I did the Royal Melbourne Show, it used to be jam packed with the best selection of rides. I think the last time I rode Force 10 was at Moomba. If a lot of big names are not going, who is? Maybe this means there will be a couple of classics back on the banks for a change.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I only know of Power Surge and Rockin' Tug going. Will be interesting to see the line-up, anyone heading down?
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

I asked the Moomba facebook page and here's the line up.

Thrill-seeker rides include: Rock 'n' Roll Matterhorn, XXXL, Extreme Speed, Mega Drop, SkyWalker, Sling Shot, No Limit, and Power Surge. Family rides include: SkyFlyer, Ferris Wheel, Dodgem Cars and Cliff Hanger; and kids rides include: Cup and Saucer, Magic Circus Fun Factory, Elephant Jets, Whacky Worm Family Roller Coaster, Rockin' Tug, Red Baron, Lady Bugs, Train Express, Mini Swinging Chairs, Chopper Bikes Rotating Ride.

I did this because I love you guys :D
I am a ride operators dream or nightmare...you decide.
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

I'll be going on Monday to see the parade, do the city run and go crazy on the rides.
tziolasamusements

Post by tziolasamusements »

i done some set up sky walker today half way with heat day today will finish off tomorrow
there ride done set up rock roll, xxxl, speed, chants wheel, wacko worm, disk o, sling shot and kids rides mega drop come tomorrow
other side done set up power surge, sky flyer, cliff hanger, no limit, davis wheel, rock star and crazy cars
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Thanks heaps for all the info. It's an ok line up not as good as previous years though. Ill be down at some stage over the long weekend should be fun.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

damn... i'll have no chance to get over the river and ride No Limit! we will be too busy
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

No Limit...*gulp*...I'm absolutely intimidated by her...Why am I so intimidated by her when I know that I'm gonna have the time of my life when I get on...I've taken on XXXL last year without a second thought, I also took on my fears head on and conquered FreeStyle, but why oh why is No Limit my Achele's heal? I'll just have to suck it up on Saturday and take it on....eeeek!
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

^ No Limit is a great ride. I remember the first ride I went on alone, no one else with me would dare ride it! I was not in any way afraid, it did not intimidate me one bit to tell the truth..... I was a little bored at the start of the ride as it is essentially a big swing that rocks you back and forth sometimes. I had not idea that the thing could 'lock' to a set position allowing the operator to swing it through the station upsidedown!!!! when this happened I thought that I was about to black out or something, but it was only once that it did that inverted swing. Really, that was the best ride I've ever had on it, since then each time I have ridden I lucked out and it has never really had the same impact. Hope you get a good first ride like I did. :D
benclare

Post by benclare »

A great lineup and good weather too.

how was your ride on No Limit?

Are you working on Sky Walker Huss?

Can't wait for these beaut attractions to arrive in Sydney.
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

I loved No Limit so much that I rode it 3 times and I don't regret a thing, even though on Sunday I was a little stiff. Also on my first ride I went through the station up-side down! I couldn't be bothered with riding Sky Walker because it's just too painful to ride. I did ride Speed twice and it was awesome seeing the water skiing and skate boarding comp! Did buy 2 tickets for XXXL but only rode once because the cycle was meh :)
Tayz

Post by Tayz »

was there today. Most of the rides were doing well especially xxxl.
No limit and mega drop were struggling but no limit picked up when i left.
Speed was broken the whole time i was there, it looked like the seats weren't unlocking while it was going.
If anyone was working there, they would be black by now, it was quite hot.
Didnt ride anything myself but over all the carnival was good and had good atmosphere