alpine express

Public Forum
ride freak

alpine express

Post by ride freak »

hi guys theres a matterhorn/ alpine swinging car amusement travelling qld shows unsure where else it travels was just wondering if any one knows who owns it whats its history as its always been at my local show for as long as i can remember and always enjoyed riding it also i dont know of any simular traveling rides in australia i do know a park model sdc version in dreamworld was built called avalanche now stupidly named and ugly re themed angry beavers spooty spin uggh! so if any one has any ideas about the alpine express do let me know
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Dean Davis owns the "Alpine Express" As far as I am aware, I have seen it at various shows in Queensland such as the Pannyiri Greek Festival and the Gold Coast Show.

As far as I am aware the ride is made by Sobema (Makers of Cyber Party and the Breakdance's In Australia) or Reverchon, as they seem to be the same sort of cars as Bells "Thunder Bolt" I think Oz Showkid or Aussie Ride Broker can confirm this if it's true.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Yep, it's made by Sobema (Belgium, no longer in business) and I believe at the time it was proclaimed to be one of the first rides to be 'computer designed' - it is a single trailer design unlike Thunderbolt or Matterhorn.
ride freak

Post by ride freak »

hey zamparla u should add a section with theses type of ride on ur extravaganza site with the ones in aus and other places ow i had no idea it was one of the first rides to be designed by computer thats really exellent well its the best ride of its type especially when it cranks up its speed in reverse
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yes the Alpine Express is a great ride although in my personal experience it doesn't go as fast as Bell's Thunderbolt. The AE does some NSW shows as well as Queensland, mainly the suburban ones including Castle Hill, Blacktown and of course Hawkesbury.
Berg-und-Talbahn

Post by Berg-und-Talbahn »

Can someone post pictures of the Alpine Express?
http://kirmesfun-world.de
german forum of amusement rides and fairs
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Here you go, taken about 2005

ride freak

Post by ride freak »

yes its such a great ride i always ride it whenever its at our showgrounds its a shame there is not any other sombema model alpine expresses in australia and the speed it picks up in reverse is awesome! :twisted: one of the greats and classics of the show circuit! :D
kosse's amusement

Post by kosse's amusement »

danneil hummer im a show kid now show stop be a show of
]
kosse's amusement