any one been to the gympie show?

ride freak

any one been to the gympie show?

Post by ride freak »

has any one been to the gympie and district show its a great show smaller than what you guys are used to but we get all the newest rides before you guys get them we got the space roller before the rest of aus and we get hard rock mega mix zipper alibabba hangover hurricane dizzy mouse coaster whizzer wave swinger cliffhanger fun factory we did get the turbo but it got sold or is in storage or something 2 sets of dodgems temple of doom roller ghoster cyclone(orbitor) break dance (sombema) techno jump and assorted kiddies rides we get tonnes of show bag stands fast food vans hot spuds its a real country show and worth a look if you get up here ill make another post with the date of the show for you all and most or all rides are 6/5 dollars :lol:
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

This is not correct Space Roller was over here at xmas time and did various shows before heading north, the orbitor hasn't been there for about 3-4 years when it was sold to China. Roller Ghoster hasn't worked shows other than capitals for 2 years. All the new rides well 99% of them are at Sydney Royal and do most of our shows before heading to Cairns.

Cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
ride freak

Post by ride freak »

yes im sorry i should point out that some of the rides i mentioned have previously been to the gympie show but they dont always frequent every year as for the space roller thats news to me thanks for the correct info oz show kid :wink:
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Sounds like a very good country show line-up.
ride freak

Post by ride freak »

yeah its pretty great compared to other reigional shows
Kahlan

Post by Kahlan »

I was at Gympie last year...

Saw the Space Roller, got a pic and told my friends that we were going on it when it came to Maryborough. They refused. None of my friends are interested in showrides, and it's not as fun by yourself...

Unfortuanately, I was only there to show cattle, so I didn't get to go on any rides. I think all we did was drag the teachers on the dodgems.

But yeah, I want to go back when I finish school, and do a few shows near here... (Gympie, Maryborough, Bundy, mainly. More if I know where they're going next. :P). Gotta wait until '09 though! I don't care if I have to go alone, I've wanted to 'follow' the show for years! :P
Carniwh_re.

^I'm so getting that on my senior Jersey
princess

Post by princess »

Welcome Kahlan, I know what you mean about going on rides by yourself, how boring that your friends would not go on Space Roller with you. Why do you have to wait until 2009.
Kahlan

Post by Kahlan »

Lol, I've gotta wait until I finish school, with the subjects I'm doing it's rather difficult when I take time off (Cert. 1 in work readiness, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Ag Science, Maths B, Maths C, English). It was bad enough when I took three days off because of illness, not to mention if I took a few weeks off following the shows! :P
Carniwh_re.

princess

Post by princess »

You dont have to follow the shows to ride the rides, will you be showing cattle , or what do you intend to do.

Also school sounds ugh, glad I will never have to worry about that again.
Kahlan

Post by Kahlan »

Nah, I don't want to show cattle again, only did it through the school, and now it's getting pretty boring. I just want to do it for the fun of it, however, my parent's have already planned my life out - not including shows. I just love the atmosphere, and the rides are pretty damn good too! But the 'rents would much prefer me to go to uni. Unfortuanately, they don't much like it when I tell them I don't want to... :P

Other options might be showing horses, or just getting my license and some money and doing it for the heck of it. But I'll bet the money will soon run out, knowing me... :twisted:

As a kid I always dreamed of getting a job on one of the rides, however I've been told I won't be welcome back home if I do.
Carniwh_re.

princess

Post by princess »

You poor darling, tell your parents you want a gap year to make a decision about what you want to do at Uni, so many kids I know defer, or change mid way, so to me it makes sense to have a gap year.

As for not going home or not being allowed home if you go the show circuit, it is a dangerous thing to do, cause it has a way of getting into the blood and never leaving, I definitely do know that
Kahlan

Post by Kahlan »

I've tried that. They're still not happy. I've also tried telling them I want to do Photography or Equine Studies instead of Veterinary Science, but they don't like that idea either. They've told me they'll pay for vet, but not for the others. I'm sure I'll be able to make up my mind by the end of next year though. :P

[Sorry to the original poster... We kinda went a bit off topic there]
Carniwh_re.

princess

Post by princess »

You didnt go off topic I did, but I always seem to go off on tangents, besides it is an old post :lol:
Kahlan

Post by Kahlan »

Ah, ok then. I didn't even look at the date posted... :)
Carniwh_re.

benclare

Post by benclare »

You must be a bright spark to be doing all those subjects. Science for Life and General English were about my speed but I did get an okay HSC score and have tried my best since then.

Actually, I really enjoyed Science for Life as we got to go to Wonderland for a field trip and had to go on all the rides in order to fill out the worksheets. This wasn't a problem for me but some of the guys were really scared of the rides and offered me money to copy my answers. :lol: It was interesting learning about the physics of each ride and talking to the operators who gave us all sorts of cool facts for the assignments. I know the Physics students did similar worksheets at the RES in recent years when the show was held outside school holidays.
Kahlan

Post by Kahlan »

We get to go to dreamworld later in the year for Physics... I think it shall be fun, but again - none of the class members are my friends, which means it'll probably be a bit boring again. Hopefully any rides will make up for it!
Carniwh_re.

ride freak

Post by ride freak »

ok this years gympie show was great had all the regulars lauries breakdance hangover big wheel alibabba (same peope who own hangover) a new addition was the haunted mansion space roller a blue zipper that was pesent last year was there marsh's whizzer and hurricane was there , technojump was also there and some dodgem sets including a new set i havent seen before the little kides rides merry go rounds ect that had been there for years and years and years with out fail ever scince i was a child mi self did not make an appearance although another company had a few kiddy rides and a jumbo slide and a minature wave swinger was in its place a old style carousell and other kiddy attractions were there too the crazy mouse rollercoaster was there too a few jumpin castles and lots of side show games food vans were there anf the faun factory was there too a large line up or rides was a great show it gets bigger every year worth a look if you are up that way on in may on 16th 17th 18th err i think will have to check the dates again lol so thats my report for this years gympie show
ride freak

Post by ride freak »

oh sorry the scorpian was also there lol
ride freak

Post by ride freak »

and the hard rock lol i forgot about that too lol
ride freak

Post by ride freak »

lmao and the speed also made an appearance lmao
princess

Post by princess »

Sounds like you had a great time, Gympie is nearly just another surburb of the sunshine coast now, how were the crowds, were there any, does it have a peak time.
princess

Post by princess »

It is interesting that there are a few newer rides, I would suggest, because of a few shows in NSW going independent, it has changed the way a few showmen work, sounds like they are trying to make up for shows they have lost in NSW, by doing shows they normally would not do, to help with any losses made earlier in the year, your gain, this is only my opinion.
ride freak

Post by ride freak »

night times were definatley peak time like 7/8 pm and just around luch onwards but it was basicly allways buissy with massive crowds all the time lol its a good show i lookforward to it every year
princess

Post by princess »

Yeah well I am not surprised that it is a good show, its good you enjoy it, hope you make it to Ekka.
rhilee

Post by rhilee »

Kahlan, you know I wont go on the space roller because I'm paraniod and scared of heights.