ROCKY SHOW 2007.

DEEFA DODGEM

ROCKY SHOW 2007.

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

With still a couple of days to go before the Rocky Show kicks off on Tuesday, here is a list of what's in so far:
-CYBER PARTY
-BREAKDANCE
-MEGA DROP
-SPACE ROLLER
-HARD ROCK
-TECHNO JUMP
-CRAZY COASTER
-EURO SLIDE
-SCORPION
-ENERGY STORM
-HANG OVER
-EXTREME SPEED MACHINE
-MATTERHORN
-ALPINE EXPRESS
-HAUNTED MANSION
-FUN FACTORY
-ZIPPER (Shorts)
-ZIPPER (Blue)
-HURRICANE (Marchs')
-JUMBO SLIDE (Marchs')
-BIG WHEEL
-FERRARI RACERS
-FERRIS WHEEL
-ALI BABA (Verfurths')
-ALI BABA (Yellow)
-DODGEMS (Shorts)
-DODGEMS (Pinks)
-DODGEMS (Davis)
-DODGEMS (Gill. Bros')
-DODGEMS (Blades)
-DODGEMS (Unknown Owners)

Not a bad turn up for Rocky so far, but a few late ones will turn up for sure. It should be an excellent show this year with the Cyber Party making its Rocky debut against the Breakdance. it,'s just a bit of a shame they are set up so far apart, it would be a good chance to see who has the most riders on each time.Will give you an update on how the show goes later in the week as I am helping out a mate of mine at the show for the 3 days so I will have my eyes and ears tuned to the action. Later.....DEEF.
Jaffa23

Post by Jaffa23 »

Hi Deefa, and welcome!!!

That sure is an impressive line-up! WOW - Mutliple Zippers!!! makes me v envious,,,,

Please let us all know how the show goes....

Cheers,

Jaffa23
princess

Post by princess »

You are not missing out on much as far as rides are concerned, but is this your normal ride line up or are there some rides you have not seen before.
Mattie
Super Administrator

Post by Mattie »

Thats an awesome line ride up. Pitty Rocky is so far away from Brissy.

I grew up in Blackwater, a mining town two hours inland from Rockhampton. My highlight for the year was attending the gold ole Rocky show.
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

It should be interesting to see what happens with Cyber Party and BreakDance.

I presume it's Lauries?
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Deefa Dodgem - welcome aboard, exellent post - and what a show - it pains me to say that it looks like a better variation of rides than what most Capital cities now offer.

I suppose it makes good sense to space Breakdance and Cyberparty apart, I don't think the general public will take much notice of the fact that Laurie's does NOT lift. Both will probably be popular with the all-important teen dollar.

Looking forward to your follow-up posts.
princess

Post by princess »

As I said in another post today, some country shows are giving us what we want a bit of old and bit of new. Yes completely agree with you Zamperla.
zacchiniboy

Post by zacchiniboy »

^^^ alot of country shows are pretty good... good for most of the little guys but others arent real good.. thats part of the reason why you dont see much big gear put up at most country show because it cost to much money to run it because of the little amount of money you would be making... my family and i do plenty of country shows with the zipper and most of them are alright.. but then again some are only fuel money to get to the next town lol but its always gonna be the bigger the show the bigger the gear.. the better the show.. but rocky has always bin a fiarly significant show on the north run so it dont surprise me that there is so much gear there
benclare

Post by benclare »

Enjoy the Show, it's definitely a good one! Let us know what rides you went on and what you thought of them.
Kahlan

Post by Kahlan »

Nice! My dad used to work in Emerald. Sounds pretty good! Might see if I can make it up there next year.

Cyber party sounds like fun, I don't believe we've had it in Maryborough.
Carniwh_re.

^I'm so getting that on my senior Jersey
rhilee

Post by rhilee »

Kahlan, the cyber party has never been to Maryborough.
Kahlan

Post by Kahlan »

Hope it comes to M'bro then.

Otherwise I'll have to stalk the show until I get to ride it.

Or maybe I'll do that anyways. xD
Carniwh_re.

^I'm so getting that on my senior Jersey
rhilee

Post by rhilee »

not saying anything else you would ride...
DEEFA DODGEM

ROCKY SHOW 2007.

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

With the Rocky Show kicking off tomorrow a few more rides are in:
-CLIFF HANGER
-CIRCUS FUN FACTORY
-BIG WHIZZER (Marchs)

This is a normal number of rides we get up here (30-35) not including all the kids stuff. Although I do remember one year the Turbo was still being set up on opening night, which was a sight you don't see everyday, a semi-trailer "bending" in half the way it does in order to operate. Fascinating stuff!!! A deciding factor in the battle between Lauries Breakdance and Cyber Party may be the price with the Breakdance being $6 a spin and Cyber $7. A few rides I noticed not here this year are the Sling Shot, Gravitron and Mega-Mix, but I did see the Mega-mix was for sale. Has it been sold? Can anybody confirm this?..........DEEF.
princess

Post by princess »

we did hear that it was for sale (mega-mix)
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Hmm... I thought Cyber Party was only $6 the Trindalls must have increased the price since the Greek Festival.
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

hey all,
Winner of this years show..... Rain...
And when did it clear up? you guessed it, about 7pm on final night, but a fair bit of the gear had already been racked ready to leave.
Council said numbers were still good, but not sure on how accurate that is. Really is a shame, and dissapointing i'm sure for all the showmen who were hoping for a good showing.
Every year it rains in rocky on the queens birthday weekend, so hopefully the dates might go back a week to where they used to be.? who knows...
Anyways, I meen, I still had a good time, and last year i commented on how the presentation of the whole show had improved,,, this year was the best ever, even with the crappy weather.
Congrats to all who travelled to rocky, and hope you all see some sun on the rest of the run...
Ta, josh
princess

Post by princess »

Thanks for the review Josh, nice to hear from you again.
minnie

Post by minnie »

Can some one tell me what shows are next and their dates?