caboolture show

PNC

caboolture show

Post by PNC »

its on next weekend the 8,9 and 10 of june, ill try get a ride list early next week.
PNC

Post by PNC »

from what i seen there today there is:

kamakaze
zipper
flash dance
ferris wheel
dodgems (maybe 2 sets)
spider (octopus looking ride)
simulator
music trip

there will be more as well id say, there was a hurricane last year but i think it was march's, and it seems to be in rocky
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Hmm... I just need to figure a way to get to Caboolture to ride Flash Dance.
princess

Post by princess »

Catch a train
benclare

Post by benclare »

It's a fairly quick trip from Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast along the Gateway Motorway. It'd be worth going to this show just to ride Flashdance!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I wish I could drive, only 6 months till I can get my L's. The day this happens I suggest everyone get's off the road! But I'll see how my money goes and if I can get to the show.
benclare

Post by benclare »

The time to get off the road is when I start driving. :lol:

I wonder whether the Skyview Wheel has done any shows in Queensland? It will probably be at the Ekka but surely it will do some regionals as well.
princess

Post by princess »

Pmsl Ben, yeah tell me when you start driving please, that would be a community service announcement :lol: :shock:
PNC

Post by PNC »

just got back from stting my rock wall up at the show, across from me is marchs wave swinger, and yes there will be a hurricane there im sure and some others still like a cha cha and various kids rides, and the showgrounds is walking distance from the train station
princess

Post by princess »

So there Hurricane, how far are you from a station where you live. Then Ekka is only a couple of months away.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

2km... Depending on what i'm doing this weekend and how money is going I may have to make a trip there!
princess

Post by princess »

Just keep saving for the Ekka.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I intend to princes... unlike last time where it just snuck up on me!
PNC

Post by PNC »

the hurricane is now in position, i think its youngs, but i cant tell em apart just looking at them, i will get pics over the weekend
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

If you could describe what the ride looked like briefly, I could tell you which unit it is. It's probably either Young or March's, possibly Pink's though.
benclare

Post by benclare »

I've found every Aussie Hurricane I've ridden to be excellently maintained. I think March's and Young's units make the loudest noise. When Durkin's had their unit, it seemed to be not as loud for some reason. Perhaps they did something to dull the sound?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I think durkin's put insulation in the top of their unit to muffle the noise, but for Whoosh factor (noise) Marches hurricane has by far the loudest noise.
PNC

Post by PNC »

ill make sure i get photos of everything
princess

Post by princess »

Durkins did put insulation into their hurricane, that is what caught fire a few years ago, at RES a few years ago.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Bell's has always been my favourite unit - it 'cracks' the best out of all of them, and seems to give a proper drop very close to the centre pole, always smooth and consistent, and barely a speck of grease on the whole ride. (traditional fluro tubes and always a bright coat of paint) - only problem I have with it, is I don't get to ride it often enough. I believe it would be somewhere up north right now (possibly Darwin)
PNC

Post by PNC »

are there any shows on at all down south? seems like all the good rides are up here
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

For the 2 best hurricanes, it would have to be Bells or March's by far. The March unit needs a paintjob, but the actual ride is amazing (a 14 minute ride on it at Coffs Harbor is more than enough to make someone sick) And the last time I saw Bells hurricane was 3 - 4 years ago. But back then it was looking amazing!
Aussie Ride Broker

Post by Aussie Ride Broker »

PNC, the Hurricane is Young's one, all the rides are up here at present doing the Northern,Lower and Western runs. March's were in yesterday afternoon starting to put up the Wave Swinger and I'll be there today putting up the Space Ball Ride. Looks like a good variety of rides to suit everyone so let's hope the weather clears before Friday afternoon.

Australian's Leading Ride Broker
www.australianamusementbrokers.com.au(In Recess)
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I last rode Bell's unit around November last year, and it was looking better than ever. If anyone is interested, I can upload a couple of photos of it.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yes Bell's Hurricane is awesome but I haven't ridden it for some time. It doesn't do too many NSW shows these days, mainly down the South Coast, Canberra and the occasional Sydney suburban show. I had hoped it would come to the RES, replacing Durkin's one but it wasn't to be unfortunately.