Ekka 2007

princess

Post by princess »

I will there on the 12th too.
balloon man

Post by balloon man »

PNC i totally agree about Ekka needing a descent dodgem track.

do you remeber the days when Lorimer Bros had there permenant track there it was located next to the ferrari 500 who also had a roof over the track. this was alot bigger then any of them these days . I think the track had to be removed due to the tunnel going underneath and now both the brothers have passed away since.
Must complimnt on your rides every time I see them they are always well presented.
princess

Post by princess »

Welcome Balloon Man, we look forward to your posts, in the future
PNC

Post by PNC »

thanks baloon man.

no i dont remember any permanant tracks, unfortunately i havent been in the industry for that long (12 years tops, and most of those years we only had small equipment)

i hope Ekka this year is a good show for operators, id love to have ride ride that is capital worthy one day
princess

Post by princess »

Takes time PNC, but I am sure you will.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Good on you Matty. I can't wait for the new AAF site; I'm sure it'll be something special.

I don't think I'll make it up to Brisbane for Ekka but you never know... I'll be doing the next best thing, reading all the fantastic reviews and going green with envy. :lol:
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Princess, why do you think I decided to go on the 12th? :P I must give your rides a go one day PNC, They look great :)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Hopefully we see some good reviews. I can't make it up (seeing as though i'm only 14 and have no licence or any other way to get up there). Could u guys who are going get some pics as well. Be appreciated

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Depending if I take my camera or not (I Hope to be) will determine if I take photos. I would take video footage but my camera is real bad for videos.
princess

Post by princess »

Lol Top Gunner wish I was 14 :lol:
benclare

Post by benclare »

If anyone does manage to take videos at the Ekka, could they please post on You Tube or something similar so we can watch them? I seem to have no trouble accessing You Tube but there are some where you have to type words into the displayed picture before you can view the video and unfortunately my screen reader doesn't see those...
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Why princess, do u wish u were still a kid :lol: I know the sling shot was at queensland raceway for the V8 Supercars. I assume they w ill pack it up and go straight to the showground

Cheers
Top Gunner14
princess

Post by princess »

Because I could ride any ride and not get sick, thats 1 reason, there are many others, know what I know now etc.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I never ever get sick and i never have. I go on any ride and never get sick. And i'm also the right height to get on any ride.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Give it a few years Top Gunner - ride everything in excess while you can!
princess

Post by princess »

My thoughts exactly lol :lol:
benclare

Post by benclare »

I'm 28 and hardly ever feel sick on rides although the Scorpion does unpleasant things to my stomach sometimes... I'm always careful never to eat or drink too much before tackling the carnival or theme park and wait at least half an hour after eating before doing any major rides. That seems to work okay for me fortunately. :)
princess

Post by princess »

I wonder if your vision has anything to do with you not feeling ill, do you get seasick, somethng to do with the balance of the brain, I think, related to the vision, who knows, but sounds feaisable.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yep i'll try everythin while i can. I want to try no limit(i'll try that at canberra cause they offered me a free ride while i was there with cattle and they were testin their rides. I chickened out. Now i regret it.) I also want to try insanity. I've seen this in mtion and boy, it goes fast from what i gathered!
Mattie
Super Administrator

Post by Mattie »

Well I dont have problems with the rides, none of them make me sick, even when ridden in excess and after alcohol and food.

I think its because I am riding something atleast once a month so my body is constantly use to it.

Still yet to find someone who can outride me. Young Trav who used to be on these boards and who I met up with one Melbourne show came pretty close.
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I could probably out-ride you Matt... Just gimme and place and time and bring it on :P

(I will try at ekka if I have enough funds)
benclare

Post by benclare »

I'm jealous Matty! :lol: I could perhaps outride you in a day at the show or carnival but I certainly don't go on those things as often as you do, not even when I had my season pass to Wonderland did I go once a month. You're so lucky!

Princess, you could be right about the vision thing.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Just back on to ekka(sorry to spoil your fun :lol: ) Have any rides arrived at da showground yet or been set up?

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

No Limit is going to EKKA this year, but sadly ThunderBolt isn't going this year :( I have obtained a full ride list and I will post it tomorrow.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

That's strange that the thunderbolt isn't goin :!: That's a great ride and i'm sure it'll be missed :( . Good to hear no limit is goin

Cheers
Top Gunner14