2007/08 Xmas Carnivals

Public Forum
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Top Gunner, Anglesea sure is on. (not sure on the specific start date, I'd say next weekend) most of the rides from Davis / Evans / Zacchini will be heading down there after this weekend's Preston festival.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes, i was talkin 2 Donna Small and she was tellin me it is on. Thanx 4 that dave. Just hadnt heard anythin about it. R u headin down, if so could u please take sum pics(i know i say this all the time but i luv seeing all the rides especially at the xmas carnivals

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I will certainly be heading down, Anglesea is a nice little spot, will take some photos.
princess

Post by princess »

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone, hope you all get what you want for christmas. :wink: :lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanx alot Princess. Merry Christmas to u and everyone else on the forums. Hope u all hav a happy and wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Cheers as always
Top Gunner14
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Yes,merry christmas everyone.I'm off to my sisters place in a few hours to drink and eat too much :lol:
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Merry Christmas all!

Another year gone. Hope you all have a relaxing break (even if it is working a Xmas spot)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Ali Baba that was at preston is going to rye... Probably worst i've ever seen it, hopefully TPA get it next year, with the exception of pirate
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Whose Ali baba, is it Marshall's again.

Hope everyone had a great day yesterday. I had all my family at my house eating and drinking. Lots of great presents :lol: Shame it was cold yesterday cause we couldnt get in the pool which was a bummer

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Aussie Ride Broker

Post by Aussie Ride Broker »

Update on the March's Coffs Harbour Jetty Carnival, Other for the wet weather here crowds have been good since we opened the carnival. The Sky Walker ride has proven to be a crowd winner, Great New Year's Eve night here with bands, and fireworks. I've just got to remember to take my camera down this week and take some shots of the block including the new ride. Hoping everyone had a great Christmas and New Year and keep checking here in about 7 days for the updated photo library from Coffs.

Australian's Leading Ride Broker
www.australianamusementbrokers.com.au(In Recess)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Great to hear Aussie, will b great 2 c some pics of the carnival

Here on Holidays at Ulladulla on the South Coast of NSW. Was a small carnival operating here from the 26th-31st. Was being operated by PNP Amusements from Wollongong. Rides there were:

Supa Swooper(Big chair-o-plane)
Storm
Tea Cups
Giant Slide
Kids Chair o plane
Inflatables
Dragster Slide
Tiger Jumper
Tarzan Trek
Pirate Ship

Took sum pics but will upload them when i get bac. Didnt go on anything either

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Great to hear Aussie, will b great 2 c some pics of the carnival

Here on Holidays at Ulladulla on the South Coast of NSW. Was a small carnival operating here from the 26th-31st. Was being operated by PNP Amusements from Wollongong. Rides there were:

Supa Swooper(Big chair-o-plane)
Storm
Tea Cups
Giant Slide
Kids Chair o plane
INFLATABLES
Tarzan Trek
Tiger Jumper
Dragster Slide
Pirate

Took sum pics but will put them up when i get bac. Didnt go on anything

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yes Aussie Coffs is a great carnival. I was there just before Christmas and Skywalker wasn't operating unfortunately so I couldn't ride it but it's sure to be at the RES so will check it out then. Apart from that, the atmosphere was great and coupled with the salty air from the beach, pure heaven! Also, the Syber Party just has to do more NSW shows, we're sure missing out on a great ride!

Hope you all had a great new year.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Apparently i heard that Skywalker's motor went and they had to order a new motor over from the Netherlands. Also, went to the joylands carnival last night, wasnt to busy, will do a complete review soon and i took a stack of pics. Will be down at Bells in the next coming weeks.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday(if you are on holidays)

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Geez... if that is true, I bet the Hennessy Twins are pissed about that...
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Mate, i would be too. I would be swearin my head off :x That would be ver expensive to replace the motor too and then havin to ship it hear. Will be goin to bells carnival tomorrow night

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Well everyone time to do my xmas carnival reviews.

I've just gotten bac from holidays down at Ulladulla on the NSW south coast. When i got down there i stumbled across a small carnival operating there by PNP Amusements who come from Wollongong. They only operated there from the 26th-31st. They had a couple of rides and some inflatables. Didnt go on anything but will put up the pics:

Supa Swooper

Looking ok. Had never seen this before. Pulling in the people
Storm

Storm was running very well. Running very fast, looking reat at night with all the lights. Was pulling in the crowds young to old.
Super Slide

Tea Cups

Kiddies Chair-o-Plane

Thats all for now

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Took a run to the Joylands carnival that was operating at Huskison in the beautiful Jervis Bay. Wasnt to busy when i went which was good but the rides were looking great all lighten up and some had even had a new paint job. Round up, rockets and the dodgems were looking great with the new paint. Well i went there during he day when the carnival was closed and took some pics and went back during the night. Was good value at $18 for 3 hours of unlimited rides. Now onto the review:

Carnival Overview:

Hurricane: Went on this 3 times. Was looking great with all the lights on. Was a bit disapointed that a resident nearby complained so they had to turn down the sound of the shoots of air. But was giving a good fun ride. Good bouncing, flying up very high, swinging close to the centre pole good 4 min ride. Good fun as always

Cha Cha: Went on 2 times. Looking great as always, all lights working, but the ride cycle wasnt too good, took a long time for the ride too get to its full speed. But once it did, gave a good fast ride but went only at its full speed for about 2 min. Bit dissapointing

Round-Up: Looking great with the new paint job. Has been completly re-built from the ground up. But was missing the lights from the centre piece, but they are being put back on. Was also missing the padding for the cages which was painful when ur stuck to them! But otherwise giving a great intense ride. Good ride cycle too for about 4 min. Always good fun on the joylands round up

Dodgem Cars: Cars looking great with the new paint job. Back wall(banner) looked great, all cars were running and were going pretty fast too. Lots of crashing and bumping and giving a great long ride too. Took pics of them but didnt turn out(sorry)

Wild Chairs: Havent been on this for ages. But looking great with the yellow and pink tarps covering the trailer(before u could see the trailer and everything. Giving a good long ride. Fun and smooth flying sensations

Giant Slide: Was looking great, slide section needed a bit more paint, but all lights working but wasnt sliding! Everyone who went on would get stuck. So i didnt go on

Rocket Ride:Looking great with new paint job. Heres a pic:

Tea Cups:

Other rides there was, carousel and dumbo flying elephants. A good night all up and lots of fun. Hopefully Power Surge will be there next year! Always do a great job joylands

ENJOY!!!

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Top Gunner great to see your photos of some rides I have never seen.

Poor form to run that roundup without any sort of cushion for your head - looks as comfortable as lying down on a drain grate and having someone lie on top of you.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes i was very uncomfortable. And they ran the ride pretty long too. But its just come out of being re built so the padding will be put back on soon and the ligts on the centre piece. If u want any of the pics let me know cause ill send u the full image

Bells xmas carnival review coming up soon

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Well everyone, time for my Bells Carnival Review. Took a trip their their a week ago. Was a nice night down their. Was pretty busy with stacks of people their. Was great value for unlimited rides-$25. I could also see some new kiddie rides their, they were a SBF Visa Circus Swing and a SBF Train ride. Both looking nice and clean. No turbo their but will be making its long awaited debut probably at Sydney show which i cant wait to try. As well as Bell's taking their music trip and dodgems to sydney along with thunderbolt and no limit. But sadly, maybe no hurricane once again at Sydney. Now onto the review

MUSIC TRIP: This was looking awesome with a new pain job. It looks as though they did most of the bottom wall abd left the top but where it says 'music trip' on the back wall, thats been painted. Lokking very nice as ull see in the pics. But went on this twice and a great fun ride. Giving us a good fun ride lifting riders out of their seats as you go over the top. Always a great ride on bells music trip

THUNDERBOLT: Was looking great as usual but alot of the lights on the TB sign on top werent working, alot along the top line werent and on the arms. But was still giving a good ride. Running pretty fast but not for very long. At its fastest, we were probably at the top speed for 40 sec then would slow us down and take us backwards. Also had a problem when i was on once, it would go forwards then stop then backwards slowly. Did this a few times then the ride got started. Not a long enough ride but still very fun.

SKI JUMP: Havent been on this for a couple of years. Cars have been repainted so has some of the ride. Wasnt going as fast as last time but still gave a good fun ride as it leaped over the jump(sorry about the line through the first pic)

CHA-CHA: This was looking great. Nice paint job, last time i rode it had the white cars but looks better with yellow. All the lights were workin up and down the arm. Got to its top speed pretty quick and gave a hell of a fun ride like a scrambler should. A good long ride too. Very fun

WIPEOUT: Had a new paint job havent been on this for ages. Lots of spinning, me and my sister spun the cars so fast we got exhausted. Giving lots of jumps in the air, loud bursts of air, pretty fun but not my favourite ride

PARATROOPER: Running pretty fast, cars were swinging right out, then lifted up giving us a very smooth sensation with the wind blowing through ur face. Looking very nice with most of the lights on, giving a good long cycle too

SWINGER: Didnt go on this, but was looking nice all lighten up. Giving a good fast ride too

TORNADO: Was looking very nice with the paint job(hasnt had a new one) But was giving a good fast ride. Most of the lights werent workin on the back of the cages but still looked good. This also had cushioning which was comfortable :lol: (if u dont get i read my review on the joylands round up) :!:

DODGEMS: Can anyone tell me but do bells have 2 sets of of cars. Cause ive ridden these at Canberra and they had newer cars and u had to put a token in the front. Anyway a great fun ride on them. All cars were running and lots of bashing with me causing chaos everywhere i went :!: :P Hd a nice back wall too, but i thought it was weird, cause they had a pic of a hurricane on theirwhich wasnt even theirs, it was youngs!!! But it also had the Sydney Luna Park face, a supe loop, hangover and sum rollercoster. Still great fun

Well overall, was a great night, wouldve been better if turbo was their. Enjoy :!: :D

Cheers
Top Gunner14
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

where was no limit?
benclare

Post by benclare »

Totally awesome reviews Topgunner. What are the Storm and Super Swooper rides? I'm sure I've ridden similar things before but I don't recognise the names.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Top reviewing and photos from your busy travels in NSW. Thanks for sharing!

HUSSR, I remember reading in a previous post that NO LIMIT was not there due to the highway from Quenbeyan to Bateman's bay (not suited to heavy loads) - I've been down it myself, and if my car wasn't a manual I would've burned out my brakes! longest downhill stretch of highway in Australia.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanx alot guys. Yes dave, through Clyde mountain apparently its very windy and steep. But i dont see why they cant take it up north of canberra and through nowra, ulladulla and all the shoalhaven area. Im suprised thunderbolt and the other rides can get through. No Limit was locked up in its shed but does anyone know if it went to the summernats?

Ben, the super swooper is just a giant chair o plane. And storm is wat pavier have but theres is called twister. Has one big arm with 2 gondalas holding 12 people on each one. The centre arm can only move clock wise but the gondolas can operate both counter and clockwise.

And dave, it wasnt that much travel with my parents driving, im still only 14 so i cant drive yet but i cant bloody wait :!: If u see most of the shows i go to this year(if i make them) u should see how many more id go to when ive got my car!!! Anyway.

Cheers
Top Gunner14