2007/08 Xmas Carnivals

Public Forum
PNC

Post by PNC »

did you get anymore of bells para trooper, it really looks great
benclare

Post by benclare »

Thanks for the info Topgunner.

I reckon there's another reason why No Limit doesn't do the Christmas carnival. Yes the road from Canberra to the coast is pretty bad but that wouldn't usually stop a ride from that getting to a destination if no other barriers existed. It's a shame really because NL would do well at any carnival and Bell's are sure missing out on earning heaps of money from it.

I just thought I'd add here it's less than two months until the RES; I can hardly wait! I'm soooo thrilled Easter is on early this year. :D
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Doesn't the Hurricane do the Bells carnival?.That Paratrooper is the one we used to get in Sale,good to see it's still travelling.Nice work with all the pics mate,look forward to more in the future.
Aussie Ride Broker

Post by Aussie Ride Broker »

Well better late than never... Here are some of the shots taken at the Coffs Jetty Carnival, including the Sky Walker

Image[/img]

Australian's Leading Ride Broker
www.australianamusementbrokers.com.au(In Recess)
princess

Post by princess »

It looks a great carnival Aussie, its great to see so many good rides on a lot.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

WOW... is that March's Hurricane!? Great Paintjob! Skywalker is also looking great, I can't wait to ride it at EKKA or RES. Will it just do the capitals or will the Hennessy's do country shows with it?
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

thanks for some great photos AusRB. I had heard March's Hurricane was looking top standard - now I see what they meant.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Sky Walker is nice.... I miss Matterhorn!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Anyone want to buy matterhorn? For sale for $287,000. But still looks good. Marchs hurri looks bloody awesome. Looks better than bells! Doesnt that tango look awesome!!!(skywalker). I cant wait to ride that machine.
Thanx alot aussie!!!

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Interesting about the upgrade of Power Surge; is it to do with presentation or the speed at which it operates? It did very well at the RES last year, despite it being in a fairly quiet area of the carnival, not near the major thrill rides, sort of near the Crazy Coaster and the Nova broadcast van as I recall.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes ben i thought it did well there ben. I think its a good spot where they were. Cause u hav those people who walk down that long stretch of road that PS faces, thats the first ride they see so they hav a go.
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

So did they just speed it up or actually EXTEND the arms? Because wouldn't extending the arms be REALLY expensive and fiddly? Not to mention having to modify the load deck and everything.
benclare

Post by benclare »

I don't think my stomach could withstand the Power Surge going any faster! :oops:
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I would be very VERY surprised if anything was done to the structure like extending the arms - this would place different load limits on the entire structure.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Wittingslow's WILD MOUSE is still set up at Rye with fencing around it... have no idea why... Also I rode SPACE ROLLER yesterday, it was in Springvale with Hangover, Scorpion, a Paratrooper and Ferris Wheel
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

How was Space Roller running Chris? Also do you know who's trooper it was? Bells, TPA, Dragon City?
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

no idea, but it was called SKYDIVER, white, blue and red, ill upload photos asap. Spoke to people on Space Roller, its off to Hastings next, then Ferntree Gulley, then Moomba, and then they leave melbourne on the last night of moomba for Sydney.
Was a good fun ride, was running on a program though, not manually by Russell, hed start it then, would start help pack up stuff
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Ah okies, is Space Roller any good when ran on a program or not? Cause I know from experience when Russell or Ozshowkid is in that panel that ride REALLY pumps the G's! I'll do some digging up on that Trooper to try and find out who owns it.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I've heard the Paratrooper is from SA but from the description you give it sounds like Paton's Skydiver (Geelong based, VIC)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Space Roller is totally weird and disorientating when run on a program, you can honestly tell the difference. Half the time I didn't know if I was up, down, upside down etc. But nonetheless still fun. I find on the program, theres more upside down and flipping, especially close to the platform, its really cool.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Here are the photos from Springvale.... didn't bother bringing the digital, so just used the mobile.

Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Hmmm... i've NEVER seen that Trooper before, but looking at the seats I'd say it's the same make as Bells one.

It's also weird seeing Space Roller without the backdrop!
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

NO WAY!! TANGO!!? ive watched soooo many tango videos on the net and never thought i could ride it cause it never comes to my fairs! But its going to the sydney eastershow this year!! WOOOHOOO!! oh and let me introduce myself =) my names Paul. (im new)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh space roller does look heaps different without the b/drop. And i havent seen that trooper either. Yes does look like the same model as bells