Another Roundup

benclare

Post by benclare »

I'm fairly sure O'Neil's mostly do local and private events in the Sydney area these days as well as the Wollongong christmas Carnival, Moomba and the Melbourne Show. You can often catch O'Neil's rides at the Fairfield Markets, private events at Warwick Farm Racecourse and local school fates. As we know, Rainbow does nothing except for RES and Wollongong. :(
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Rainbow didn't do Wollongong over 07/08 Christmas....

So it looks like it is down to 1 Show a year?
is a sale imminent? who knows.... just as long as it stays in OZ, im happy
Jobius

Post by Jobius »

Lol..Time to move it to Luna Park Sydney!!! Truly having it available at LPS all year round as opposed to just Easter is a much more attractive option, if it were possible!!!
Sorry Huss I cant agree with you at all. I firmly believe that the Rainbow would have been better off at LPS- it would be available all year round in a PERMANENT site where many more people can experience the wonder that is a Huss Rainbow. The Rainbow is a much more family orientated ride which would suit LPS than the current Ranger does. Plus you could ride it and experience one of the world's greatest views...Sydney Harbour at the same time!!
I may be biased because of my fondess for LPS but I am very greatful that the Huss rides are there. They are quality rides and deserve to be in a site that has such a rich history and perfect location. All the Huss rides in the 95 opening were run to full spec but since the 2004 re-opening I admit they have not been operated to their full capability. They are still great rides however and I do NOT want to see them removed at all.

Cheers
Jobius
benclare

Post by benclare »

You do have a good point Jobious and yes Rainbow would've given great views of Sydney Harbour as some of the current ride lineup usually does. As with everyone on this forum, I'm firmly opposed to any closure of LPS but I don't know, it needs something to put more life into it; not just more new rides. I really think the only major drawcard these days is the location and occasional shows that are held inside the Big Top theatre. Everything else, from the music to the sound of the riders having fun seems too hushed for me.

Getting back to Rainbow, O'Neil's and Roundup... Another carnival that O'Neil's sometimes do is the Fisher's Ghost festival which is held in Campbelltown each November. Just about everything turns up except Rainbow of course.

The description of the Melb Show back in 89 really took me back to the good old days. I remember that was the first year I tried the Force Ten at the RES. I was totally scared of it but Dad convinced me to have a go and I totally fell in love with it! The UFO and Roundup were both there too; the UFO was by then a permanent attraction at Wittingslow's Darling Harbour along with the Super Loop and LPS's Tango Train and Tristar now called the Tumble Bug but it was taken out for major capital shows. Not sure what Roundup did the RES in those days but it always drew huge crowds even though it was usually located close to the more recognisable Gravitron.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Hands down fact that Rainbow would be better off in a scrap yard if it had been sent to LPS.....

I just wish they would get rid of the Huss rides and maybe give them a chance to be refurbished and treated properly, not run into the ground.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Rainbow does an event down near Warwick Farm, I think its Chinese new year and Rainbow does that before Sydney. If rainbow was sent to LPS, it would be alot slower and you probably wouldn't feel the great weightless-ness feeling that it gives. Plus, you already get great views of the Harbour on the ferris Wheel. Also, has the tango train been slowed down from what it used to be with Wittz?
benclare

Post by benclare »

No the Tango Train still does reach full speed but it operates fairly slowly for most of the ride cycle in each direction before going at full speed for about thirty seconds or so, similar to how the Matterhorn usually operates. The Tango Train isn't a bad ride although I usually end up with bruises on my leg which gets squashed against the side of the car; perhaps some padding there would be useful! :)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ok, Thanks for clearing that one up Ben. Yeh, it does need padding, I usually get graises and bruises too :)
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

i rode the roundup the other day at lunapark. i loved it! i think its better than the UFO..
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

err... you mean HUSS UFO at luna park...
PNC

Post by PNC »

round up was at the park during the holidays wasnt it?
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

yeah, and it was awesome.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

As much as I like the Round-Up, UFO is better IMO