Luna Space Park is back!

Luna Park Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
benclare

Luna Space Park is back!

Post by benclare »

Hi all,

Just a quick note to let you know the Space Park will be back this year and the rides that will be there are a Wave Swinger of some kind, the Hurricane and Cha Cha. I'm not too sure who owns these rides which will operate from this Friday until the end of the school holidays.
crazyboi

Post by crazyboi »

Wow how craptacular! Luna Park Sydney are now recycling their already crappy school 'carnivals'. It makes me laugh how in the pic of the kids ride they are bringing in for the school hols the sign says "ride for hire - phone 45873497" that just about sums up LPS. I'd say save your money and go to the Easter Show instead
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

You have to give LPS some credit for a rotating line-up of rides, it is more than what un-named other park(s) are doing. LPS has established closer links to the Australian Show industry than any other park - IMO this is a win-win relationship
crazyboi

Post by crazyboi »

As far as I'm concerned a PERMANENT amusement park should have no links to the show industry. The only reason Luna Park rotates portable rides is because it is so much cheaper for them than ever investing real capital into the park and building a new ride. Any park could hire a few portables for the holidays if they wanted to. Luna Park is more interested in their profits from functions and in selling off parcels of the land for development and other uses
benclare

Post by benclare »

I think you both bring up really interesting points and I reckon you are right in both cases. It would be nice if LPS had more permanent rides and I think this would be possible without causing too much tention amongst local residents. A Cha Cha, Wave Swinger and water ride like Splash Canyon could very well operate successfully on a permanent basis. That said, I like the idea of Luna Park working with the carnival ride industry. It probably pumps much needed cash into the Showman's Guild and it does make it interesting as you never know what's likely to appear on the LPS midway during each school holidays. Sure it's a bit bland this Easter, what with the RES on and everything but other holidays have produced some good rides, including Speed, Shockwave and the Energy Storm operated there last Easter and I didn't get to ride it unfortunately.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Crazyboi, you state a good point.

To clarify my comment, what I was saying is that rotating some portable rides in the park is better than NO portable rides, and the same permanent ones.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

The rides hired over the school holiday peroid are hired from Joyland's Better Amusement hire in Sydney. They also own the shockwave, power surge, rockin tug and the rides that are there for the space carnival like the hurricane (personally, i reckon this is the best lookin' hurricane on our shores), cha cha and the wild chairs.

Cheers
Top Gunner14