Luna Ark Carnival 2007

Luna Park Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Top Gunner14

Luna Ark Carnival 2007

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Well, the theme for the october school holidays carnival is Luna Ark Carnival.

With daily reptile and snake shows and also an Evan Almighty petting zoo

But we have 4 new rides for these holidays carnival

Supa Sizzler(Paviers)-A suprise to c this down here, must have thought to get the best sizzler not joylands cha cha. Jump onboard the fastest cha cha style ride in the country!
Available from 28 September to 14 October for the Luna Ark Carnival.

Bungee Dome-Be your favourite animal as you swoop, glide & dive your way across the sky!

Hurricane-This is the Joylands hurricane. A good looking unit, one of my favourites.Watch out for giraffes as your car sweeps over the heads of passersby.

Crazy Cars-You don't need your licence to enjoy this ride, perfect for the little ones!

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

Beauty! I'll be heading down to Luna Park on Tuesday, 2 October as a friend of mine is visiting from Papua New Guinea and has never even seen a ride before so I'm keen to show him one of my big interests. Let me know if you're interested in meeting up.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Well ben, my mate with the top gun is doing St Mary's again from the 1st to the 8th of october. I probably won't b able to make it. I'm going to c if the todays paper has the colouring in comp to win tickets. How scaby am i Lol :lol: Have fun if i don't c u.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Hmmm... It would have been nice to see Bells Hurricane make an appearance. I'm also curious as to the reason the Hurricane doesn't do the capitals anymore. Could it be after the 2004 fire on Durkins unit or not?

As for the Super Sizzler, great ride... if it didn't hurt my legs... thats the problem with the harnesses on that ride. If you have long legs, and are sitting with someone else it hurts cause they are cramped up. However if you are on your own, just sit to the side a bit and put your legs on the other side diagonally. I got told by the op's at Ekka not to do this, but when I explained my situation they were all good.

It also would have been good to see maybe Power Surge or a big ride return.
princess

Post by princess »

This year was the first year that Hurricane was not at Sydney, nothing to do with the fire, last year Durkins were given a very poor position, there are so many newer rides that they have taken all the positions, though there are still a couple there that I would replace with Hurricane, any day.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Power Surge is currently setting up in Perth but I dare say it'll be back at LPS over Christmas.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

interesting.... evan almighty is pretty good movie, got it on dvd
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

The reason hurricane isn't at sydney is cause john phelan bought it. It still out there it does heaps of scool fetes and some shows. It wasn't far from sydney this year. Was at his yard in granville
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Top Gunner 14, is the Hurricane owned by John Phelan the Bells unit or Durkins?
princess

Post by princess »

John Phelan owns the the ex Durkins hurricane.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yep, john has the ex-durkins. Tell u what i'd like 2 c at luna park, o'neill's ranger, rainbow and waveswinger
benclare

Post by benclare »

I don't think that'll happen any time soon as O'Neil's don't bring their rides there. Joylands and Pavier's are regular LPS customers. Having the Rainbow at Luna Park would be nothing short of awesome, operating right next to its sister ride, the Ranger of course!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I no it wouldn't happen. Joylands do a great job, so do pavier. But with dominator and shockwave gone, it'll b interesting to see the rides for the school holidays in the future