2008 Royal Canberra Show

Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I actually really like that. It's looking so much better than when I saw it in person last!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I have to agree, after reading your observations HUSSR I was expecting the worst but that actually does it pretty good justice, IMO. (I am thinking they probably flash in a pattern too)

My only criticism is the centre circle since it is a relatively easy problem to fix, and will completely lift the whole image of the ride.
Last edited by Zamperla on Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

I thought it was going to be the arrows as most people were hinting. hmmmm... It's looking ok this way though. I don't mind it at all. I would still like to see some other colors used on the tubs though (and the yellow boom should be all white or something else). I am glad the sign seems to be fixed up now. Overall, the ride is looking quite good IMO.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah, those lights are also the same as John Castle's Zipper (Ex Watkins) And when they are all running they look great. Dean has obviously put a fair bit of work into this unit, and it's great to see it traveling so much! I do also hope that eventually the cars either get painted different colors, or have some artwork on the side of the cars. Just like Shorts have "Bad Ass" on the back of there cars, or something like a Fancy Z or something.

And compare the ride now to Gold Coast Show 2 years ago and what an improvement it is!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, dean is going to repaint the whole ride too. Even the cars and the boom. He told me what his going to do but i forget. He said once its done, it'll look awesome
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

doesnt beat when Wittingslow had it around 1997, different colour tubs, white frames, white boom, all neons working, even the centre circle lighting up with the wittz logo.... perfection.
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

HUSSRAINBOW wrote:doesnt beat when Wittingslow had it around 1997, different colour tubs, white frames, white boom, all neons working, even the centre circle lighting up with the wittz logo.... perfection.

I love it HUSS! Great statement, and it was perfection.......I couldn't agree more!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh it did look great back in those days. But its going to look great when deans finished with it all. Hopefully when its done chris itll have ur votes Lol :wink:
benclare

Post by benclare »

I never knew how picturesque Zippers could be! :lol: I just know them as mean machines that are a heap of fun.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh they are mean machines but some of them have all the makeup on too and a nice coat of paint
CrazyCoaster424

Post by CrazyCoaster424 »

Looks like it could be a bit like John Phelen's Zipper ex Watkins. So let me get this streight, Dean is re-painting it while travelin around to shows? CrazyCoaster
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

i worked the canberra show i thought it was awesome nice to see a capital show that tried hard to keep up with out the horses. deans zipper is starting to look nice he has sunk some money into it he worked till all hours of the night trying to do the lights will wait and see the result. sorry not a fan of his ride.
a bit sad to see the joints not do as well as they should have.
rides did pretty well full loading on my favourite ride shockwave saturday.
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

May not look as good as it did back in it's Witts heyday,but at least it looks better than it did a few months ago.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh ur right, better than just blue and yellow everywhere. Yeah kate, alot of the shows are down on numbers due to no horses
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

yea the lights are starting to look good on deans zipper the lights must have cost him a small packet but is worth it the long run as we are all aware.
and yea its weird not seeing the horses at the shows at the moment cant wait for it to be given the all clear. bega was clear on the thursday before the show but still no horses.
CrazyCoaster424

How big is the Bega Show, like what ride do they hav?

CrazyCoaster
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Bega is an average size show. Its not huge but i know shockwave goes even when joylands owned it. But id say cha, dodgems, maybe an occy. Kate will know the rest
CrazyCoaster424

Thanks topguner! I was just woundering, ya never can really tell by the population or other stuff these days!

CrazyCoaster
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

No probs crazy.