Top Scan stops in mid air!

Public Forum
Paulie123

Top Scan stops in mid air!

Post by Paulie123 »

(August 24, 2008) - At the Schueberfouer fair in Luxembourg, an amusement ride called "XTreme" broke down, leaving 29 riders suspended in the air for up two hours. All of the riders were evacuated safely and no one was injured.

Did anyone else hear about this!? I watched the video and was shocked. Hope this never happens again. I would have be terrified.

This year at the eastershow i was on space roller and im not sure what was going on but it rotated befor even lifting up for about 2 minutes. Going very very slow. It went around twice in like 2 mins befor lifting up. Dont know whether they were waiting for people or what but it sucked because it was raining! My friends had to wait in front of SR too, i though it was just going to be a quickie but nope. Oh well. Haha.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Oh! Yous dont believe me hmm? Nah kidding.

I saw it on www.rideaccidents.com

yeah, some scary stuff on there.
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

Yeah new about this the day it happened just didnt want to post it,
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Sucks for the people on the vertical waiting to get off... I wouldn't have minded a nice view on Space Roller...

haha, oh well these things do happen
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

haha, yeah i agree. wouldnt like to be on the vertical side but all i can say is sucks to be them. haha.
benclare

Post by benclare »

At least it didn't collapse and everyone is okay. I imagine it would've been pretty uncomfortable under those harnesses for that length of time. I guess all machinery fails at some time.