What got you hooked?

Public Forum
Paulie123

What got you hooked?

Post by Paulie123 »

hey everyone, there havent been many new posts lately so im gunna start a few :)

my question is what was then ride/carnival/amusement park that got you hooked to rides. it may not be your favourite now, but what was the kickstarter?

mine would have to be space probe 7 at ol' wonderland. i was 7, maybe 8 when i rode it for the first time. and ever since, ive just loved the feeling of weightlessness and being thrown around! im glad rides arent a illegal addiction cause id totally be in rehab by now! :D
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Dunno, I've loved the rides and parks since I was really little, maybe 4, I loved waiting for the Hawkesbury show. But since I was 11, I was really hooked in but only found this forum early last year
benclare

Post by benclare »

I've been fascinated with rides since I was 3 and my first trip to the Royal Easter Show. For all that, I was scared to ride anything faster than the Wave Swinger until 1990 or so when I braved the Rainbow, Galaxy Coaster, Pirate and similar rides. I did try some scarier things at World Expo two years earlier but was pretty worried at the time as I recall but I have always enjoyed the atmosphere of the carnival and theme parks.

I didn't get into inverted rides until just over ten years ago when I visited the NASA Training Centre in the States. I was bloody scared at first but tried the upside down rides because all my fellow participants in the training program were doing it and I didn't want to be left out. I had a great time and the rest as they say is history! I must say I have recently started feeling unwell on very intense rides if I go on them too many times; I must be getting old! For all that, I still enjoy great attractions and the great atmosphere of carnivals at the show more than anything else.
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Like most people here I've been fascinated with rides since I was a kid.My parents told me after my first visit to our local show I was mimicking the actions and sounds of the Hurricane for weeks :lol:.I think the first major I rode was the Round Up with my first girlfriend! :lol:.After that it was the Zipper at the Lakes Entrance New Years Eve carnival (I think it was Mean Mother,did Witts used to own it?),pretty sure I rode both in the same year..would've been around '87/'88 I think.The floodgates had been opened,and in the years that followed I rode all the majors that turned up at Sale-Enterprise,Ranger,Force 10,Spin Dragon,Zipper,Thunderbolt,Matterhorn,Hurricane,Super Loops.Also travelled up to Melbourne around '89 and got to ride all those amazing Huss rides while they were still travelling.More recently I've been blown away by Twin Flip at Sale in '05,and my Traralgon Show visit in '06,where I got to experience No Limit,Space Roller and Hard Rock (Thunderbolt,Kamikaze and Watkins Zipper were there too).
Ben,unfortunately it probably is the years starting to catch up with you.I really noticed this last year after getting off the Tornado...turned 30 this year,so guess I should expect it :( .