Luna Park Xmas Rides

Luna Park Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Jobius

Luna Park Xmas Rides

Post by Jobius »

Hi all,

Have been keeping an eye out for what rides are going into Luna Park for the Xmas holidays however have not had any success as of yet!! Does anybody have any insider info as to what will be going there this year??

Cheers
Jobius
Top Gunner14

Re: Luna Park Xmas Rides

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Pirate's Revenge will be there and I'm pretty sure the Rockin' Tug. Same as last year basically
Jobius

Post by Jobius »

Ha just answered my own question!!! On the LPS website it states that the Pirates Revenge Flume ride and the Rocking Tug will appear for the January school holidays. I cant help but feel a little let down by this line up. Whilst the addition of the flume ride was assured after last years success I was thinking that maybe 3 or four rides would have been added to the line up. IMHO the best year was when Mega Drop, Roller Ghoster,Power Surge and Rocking Tug PLUS the addition of Prison Break live was all included for the Jan school holidays!! I was hoping for either Ali Baba, The Hurricane or Techno Jump or the return of the Mega Drop , Power Surge or Hard Rock. Either way the current announced line up is pretty poor. Perhasp there maybe more announcements as we get closer to Xmas!! Lets hope so!!! As a matter of fact I would have loved CRazy Coaster to have gome in their at the back of Maloneys Corner-I am sure that this would be a major success!! However with Pirates Revenge there I think space would be at a premium!!
However, they certainly do NOT utilise all available space. There is room in the Midway between the Crystal Palace and the Ice Creamery (Power Surge and other rides have been placed here) and there is plenty of room to fit another ride next to the Tumble bug slab, if they only had the vision. The addition of Holiday rides to the line up is a fantastic idea but they need to make it worthwhile and install several rides to attract people t revisit year after year. :D

Comments?
Cheers
Jobius
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Theres no room to move in Maloney's corner when the flume is placed in there, don't know if you went last xmas holidays but you wouldn't be able to put any more gear in there. But the flume pulls alot of people over summer, gets so hot there at the place they need a water ride to cool visitors off. And just to correct you it was the Haunted Mansion that was in for the holidays those few years ago.

And that spot just infront of Scoop's Parlour, that's where the Rockin' Tug is sited. But yeh another ride would be good, like the Ali Baba was pretty successful last holidays.
Jobius

Post by Jobius »

Yeah you are right it was Haunted Mansion that was at LPS 2 years ago. Yes I did vist LPS last January( I make an annual visit every Jan with friends) and did indeed see that Pirates Revenge DOES take up a lot of room. However the point I was trying to make that there is still plenty of space for other rides as well (although no so much in Maloneys Corner) Surely Rockin' Tug could be fit in Maloneys Corner as well this time?? It has a fairly small footprint and would sit well close to the other kids rides. This would then free up space to fit another good sized ride near the Crystal palace/Ice Cream parlour site. Add to that the room on the slab near Tumblebug (which has NOT been utilised for a ride since the 1st year and Twister was placed there) you have some scope to really get a decent line up happening. If only they had a little vision!!

Cheers
Jobius
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh true, just placing the Rockin' Tug near the other kids rides in Maloney's Corner, I don't think there is any close power source for the ride to gain power. But I definately see your point, I went once to LPS and they had a Jumping Castle up on that space next to the the Tumble Bug. I don't think they could crane anything up there?

I do remember being told those few years ago when Mega Drop attended, that had to be craned around the corner of Coney Island (up the back near the apartments) but I'm not sure if they'd be able to get another ride up onto that site, shame though, would be good to see another ride up there, would make that spot busier too.

I do see your point though, would be alot better if they could get more rides in the park. And have that good lineup that they had those few years ago
Jobius

Post by Jobius »

Hmm thats very interesting that they had to crane Mega Drop in for its spot in Maloneys Corner when it was there a couple of years ago. I would have thought that there was enough room to go past Coney Island and then go around near the apartments where there is a dedicated thoroughfare. Very interesting. If thats true then it does limit what rides can be placed in that area of the park. This is a cause of some concern as Maloney's Corner has the greatest amount of space available at LPS.
In dream time now, I would love to see a S&S El Loco coaster like "Mumbo Jumbo" at Flamingoland sit on the slab next to the Tumblebug. It would fit in there nicely! They have such a small footprint that this space would be a perfect place for this type of coaster!!
And thinking out of the square a little , I think that a smaller version of a launched coaster like Wicked Twister at Cedar point could be paced between the Big Top and the Cliff Face with either end being the only point that is in the open. Enclose the rest in an artifical mountain, have an access point and ride line through the Tango entrance and you would have a great unique coaster experience for LPS. The artificial mountain would sound proof the worst of the noise and it would fit in quite nicely with the other attractions!! LPS could quite easily gain 2 coasters very quickly and they would also be Australian firsts!!
I also feel that the Dodgems should move back to their original home under the Wild Mouse building which would free up this space for another ride-any one have any suggestions what could be placed in this footprint? A Dark shooting ride perhaps??
Also the introduction of a Zamperla Disko Coaster into Maloney's corner would be a great family addition and another Australian first. Also, do any of you guys feel that there would be enough room to place a S&S Spaceshot near the entrance between the Rotor?? There looks to be some room and the Space shot does not have a huge footprint but I am not sure. Alternatively this and other rides could be placed on the top of the carpark roof above the Carousel. All pie in the sky stuff but gee it would be great if they could do some of it!!

Comments??

Cheers
Jobius
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Im not really a fan of the lineup either. But it brought in the crowds last year, so a lot of people must like Pirates Revenge..
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Got a chance to see the flumje in at the park yesterday. First weekday it was open and had a good lineup of people waiting to ride before it opened. It'll stay at he park until 2-3 weeks before Sydney show, then will be packed up and go straight to the show. Should be very popular over summer
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

T.V add for the Pirate's Revenge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IBvPl-Y6Pc