Adelaide show 2010

Dazzleland

Re: Adelaide show 2010

Post by Dazzleland »

Also, it's the end of this year's show. So maybe some pics of the packing would do.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

So no show photos or any other reviews from this capital?
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

hi guys

I have a good selection of photos which I will be sharing with all of you shortly (just sorting through them over next couple of days, took way too many)

stay tunned!
princess

Post by princess »

Zamperla I would hope that you give us a review of your experience in Adelaide to. :D
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Adelaide Show itself got off to a very slow start with some shocking weather on opening weekend putting many ride-owners well behind previous year's takings, and playing catchup for the remainder. The weather improved as the show went on and finished off with some typically huge crowds on the last Saturday - the guilty parents and tight-arse bargain-hunter showbaggers.

All-n-all as always I had a great time working and it was great to catch up with friends on the grounds. I take my hat off to the Aussie showies who work the big show runs back to back. It takes a special energy and love of it to work the crowds from one place to the next.

Here's hoping for some decent Melbourne weather the forecast right now is looking all too much like Adelaide's start.

Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

Nics pics of the packing! Where do the parts of the ferris wheel get taken to?
More packing pics ASAP
redhot

Post by redhot »

Nice photos Zamperla, thanks.
Whos Gravitron is that, looks alright..
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

The wheel will be used again in Adelaide's upcoming Camping & Motor Show, minus the lights which will go back to Durkins yard, next used Royal Easter. Hydraulics, brakes, loading platforms and canopies on cars are removed till next operated in Adelaide.

Yes its a nice Grav. belongs to Lynch (S.A based, Show Amusements .com.au) this same one should be at Melb Show right now, can you confirm HUSSR or are you too busy riding NO LIMIT?
princess

Post by princess »

Zamperla wrote:HUSSR or are you too busy riding NO LIMIT?
He will do it one day.. :wink: before he gets to old.

Nice review Zamperla, a completely different one, new perspective, great photos, as I have said imo nothing beats the Skymaster, you are completely correct, , cant beat the wind in your hair, fresh air on your face, except when it is raining. :wink: :D
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

yeah that gravitron is at the show, next to breakdance and carnevil, which is missing that huge clown face....
sam

Post by sam »

The Rock 'n' Roll is one of the best presented rides i have seen in a long time. Notice the black and white "tiles" at the front of the ride keeping in theme with the 1950s look. Chants even had girls dressed in 1950's clothing out the front of the ride. Fantastic job!

The thunderbolt is a great ride, but in terms of appearance it is no match to the rock n roll. Thunderbolt is to be blunt, looking shocking, the staff are rude, and lights are missing.