Hawkesbury Show 2011 (Exclusive: First photos of Extreme)

Top Gunner14

Hawkesbury Show 2011 (Exclusive: First photos of Extreme)

Post by Top Gunner14 »

It's coming up in the next two weeks being held on the 13th-15th of May, bit later this year which is odd, usually 2 weekend after Sydney but an extra weekend added in, guessing so there wasn't any clashes with Bathurst. Got down to the showgrounds yesterday arvo and drove by this morning. Bit of gear has showed up. Lineup so far is:

Alpine Express
Space Roller
Rock N Roll
Crazy Coaster
Extreme
Crazy Cars
No Limit
Pirate's Revenge

These have arrived so far, a bit of gear has gone up to Bathurst and will return for the show next week. And yes this will be the debut of TPA's new Tivoli Extreme which should arrive by apparently Tuesday. Space Roller had started to set-up this morning and Alpine Express arrived this morning aswell. Crazy Coaster, Rock N Roll and No Limit were there yesterday along with Space Roller. 2 of the B-doubles that haul Pirate's Revenge arrived this morning. The other 2 should arrive this arvo. Here's a few photos anyway:

Alpine Express:

Crazy Coaster:

Rock N Roll:

No Limit:

Space Roller:

Crazy Cars: (B-double hadn't arrived yet, office and camp only)

L&L Osborne's Clown Trailer:

Will go down most arvo's to get photos of the set-up. I'll be there working again this year on the flume so anyone who's coming out, you'll know where to find me.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Thu May 05, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUSSRAINBOW

Re: Hawkesbury Show 2011 (Set-up photos added)

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

great photos mate..... still don't understand how Alpine Express gets booked for anything these days.... needs a huge amount of work... makes me miss the Matterhorn more...
Will definetly have to do Hawkesbury one year, it looks very impressive. Seems like a show where Rainbow would make an absolute fortune!
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

Great shots! More pleaze!
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

great pics again TG!
"Slingshot , Engage"
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Got out again yesterday arvo to see Tas Pickett's new ride had arrived sitting there waiting to start set-up today. So I'm gonna head out again tomorrow to get some first photos of the ride. Even standing next to it, you could smell it was new lol. Was suprised to see that Gill's Disko was there aswell, didn't cross my mind that it would show. Space Roller was completely set-up, Alpine Express had started having it's decks folded out. All 4 B-doubles that haul Pirate's Revenge are also there now, Wave Swinger is there and also a funhouse had also arrived:

Alpine Express:

Disko:

Space Roller:

WaveSwinger:

Pirate's Revenge:

Logs carried in a-trailer, themeing in b-trailer:

Tool shed, photo booth, electrical cupboard, light poles, filter, footprint pieces, generator, corner pieces, barricades all carried on these trailers:

Top sign, curved sections (lift hills and drops), supports and pumps carried on this trailer:

Other trailers carry splash-down pieces, supports and pool base.

Extreme:

RIde lineup at the moment:

Alpine Express
Haunted Hotel
Mixer (not 100% sure)
Space Roller
Crazy Cars
Crazy Coaster
Rock N Roll
Freestyle
No Limit
Pirate's Revenge
WIld West Family Coaster
Disko
WaveSwinger
Extreme
Sky Flyer
Rockin' Tug
Dodgem Tracks
x2 Quad Bikes

Looks like it's going to be a pretty impresssive lineup. Pirate's Revenge starts set-up tomorrow and I pretty sure Extreme got set-up today. So will head out again tomorrow.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

Love your work as usual TG!

Also can't wait to read your reviews on Extreme and Hawkesbury in general.

As for rainbow, to my knowledge it has never done Hawkesbury before, probably due to the short operating time of the Show but it would definitely do well there I'm sure!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

cannot wait to see EXTREME especially with LADY GAGA on the artwork!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Got out again to the showgrounds and as I expected, Tas Pickett's new Tivoli Extreme was set-up ready to go and what an emmaculate and sleek machine. Got a heap of photos of it but also a bit of progress was happening around the grounds aswell. Pirate's Revenge had the crane in today putting up the supports and the bottom tubs. No Limit just needed the tower to be lifted and Joyland's Rockin' Tug, WIld West Family Coaster and Fun Slide had arrived. Also good to see O'Neill's Ranger back again after its absence last year, not alot of progress today. Here's a few photos:

Ranger:

Fun Slide:

Rockin' Tug:

Pirate's Revenge:

No Limit:

Extreme: As I said a very stricking looking ride. Very nice looking ride, nice artwork on the backdrop and compact ride, only travels on 1 semi. As I said was set-up ready to go with a bit of spit polishing happening when I arrived lol. They were also ready to give it a test run so I stood back and watched the ride go through all 3 of it's cycles. And wow this ride absolutely flies, one of the fastest type of aerial ride's I've ever seen. The ride starts of slow just jogging around the platform before the real operation starts. Prefered cycle being cycle 2 where all the arms lift then having 2 lift beyond the horizontal mark, before dropping a bit for the other 2 arms raise, only spinning at about half the speed. Then all the arms leveled to horizontal, the hydraulic pumps power up sending the ride into a frenzy at top speed. Only operates at around 20 seconds at this speed which is definately long enough.

I then had the choice to jump on to be one of the first riders in Australia... on cycle 2 the ride slowly started up before the centre column raises with then the arms extending out. Great feeling the ride picking up its speed, you can definately feel the g's. The arm raised past the horizontal mark sending me a tad upside down whirling around, before dropping slightly to throw the ride into full speed. And what speed it spins at, one of the fastest rides I've ever been on. Jumped off and what a fantastic machine.

Probably one of the best rides I've been on and I think this ride is going to be a hit around the country. Cycle 2 being around 2 mins long is definately long enough, gets the adrenaline going sending the breeze between the knees. Anyone who is looking for a ride that has speed and wants an adrenaline rush, more than reccomend giving it ago wherever you see it next. Great purchase by Tas and wish him all the best of luck with it:

There's your first exclusive look at Australia's lastest sensation that's gonna rock the nation, and it does live up to its name :wink:
Enjoy!

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Dazzleland

Re: Hawkesbury Show 2011 (Exclusive: First photos of Extreme

Post by Dazzleland »

The Fun Side was imported from the USA, hence the red & white reflective tape!
Where was Extreme imported from?
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Looks awesome...cant wait to experience it for myself.Hope to see it doing alot of shows along the Vic run later in the year.
ImageImage
benclare

Post by benclare »

Thanks so much for all this TG. I'm about to jump onto Polynesian Blue and book a flight home just to visit Hawkesbury and ride this new machine! :lol: Don't I wish I could afford to do that! Anyway, your reviews are almost as good as being there and I'll be glued to this forum over the next fortnight or so.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Dazzleland wrote:The Fun Side was imported from the USA, hence the red & white reflective tape!
Wow cheers for pointing out what reflective tape they've used around the perimetre of the trailer....
Pretty sure it was made new by Fredricksen. Joyland's and Luke Chamber's imported the slide. And the Extreme was imported new from Tivoli in England.

Yeh Extreme will be going up at every show that TPA attend, Crazy Coaster won't be going up as much due to the new ride. So I'm sure you'll definately see it around Victoria
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Wow, that's alot of ride on one trailer! Nice work...
If its operated half as cool as they do through europe, it will be awesome!
Hope someone gets some video...
Thanks TG!
"Slingshot , Engage"
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

extreme looks great! awesome vintage gaga too! hooray!
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

Top Gunner14 wrote:
Dazzleland wrote:The Fun Side was imported from the USA, hence the red & white reflective tape!
Wow cheers for pointing out what reflective tape they've used around the perimetre of the trailer....
Pretty sure it was made new by Fredricksen. Joyland's and Luke Chamber's imported the slide. And the Extreme was imported new from Tivoli in England.

Yeh Extreme will be going up at every show that TPA attend, Crazy Coaster won't be going up as much due to the new ride. So I'm sure you'll definately see it around Victoria
Indeed, the Fun Slide was made by Fredricksen and had only a few modifications for road use. Despite the small 'pin box', is it hauled by a ute, or a truck cab?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

We haul it with a prime mover. Not sure on it's weight and whether or not it can be hauled with anything smaller
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

Top Gunner14 wrote:We haul it with a prime mover. Not sure on it's weight and whether or not it can be hauled with anything smaller
What year is this Fun Slide from?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Camera's stuffing up, took a few pics on Monday but can't be bothered to muck around trying to get photos up. Pretty big lineup out there with:

Alpine Express
Disko
x6 Dodgem Tracks (Pink's Crazy Cars, Young's, Small's, Davis', Miller's and Townsend's)
x2 Ferris Wheels (Chant's and Verfurth's??)
Crazy Coaster
Twister
Haunted Hotel
Space Roller
Extreme
Zipper
Tilt-a-Whirl
Music Trip
Cha Cha
Rock N Roll
Freestyle
Ranger
Rockin' Tug
Fun Slide
No Limit
Top Gun
Magic Circus
Wild West Family Coaster
Pirate's Revenge
Circus Fun House
Wave Swinger
Energy Storm
Heaps of kids rides
Heaps of Inflatables
Heaps of games and food canteens

Great lineup if you ask me and looks like it'll be great weather aswell. I'll be most likely working the Pirate's Revenge, not sure on how we'll go with this colder weather but sure we'll be okay. WIll try get some photos, not promising anything.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

I realise this is a large event...but 6 dodgem tracks,thats just overkill.
ImageImage
tziolasamusements

Post by tziolasamusements »

topgunner - did you see zacchini's zipper cage update? last few days i went to see my mate have some drinks and saw his zipper are fixing the cages at my mate's farm
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh I'm the same on that Matt, even when 4 of the 6 are on the same street. Then one on the second street and the other on one of the cross streets. No I didn't get a close look Deafshow, just quickly drove past, seen the ride down but couldn't make out any differences on the cages. Will have a look tomorrow
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Cool artwork on the Extreme ride, but still trying to work out if Lady Gaga is a sheila, fella or both? :? Anybody help??

DEEFA.
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

DEEFA DODGEM wrote:still trying to work out if Lady Gaga is a sheila, fella or both?
Who cares...focus on the horned goth chick instead :wink:
ImageImage
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

deefa you're an idiot.... shes f***n awesome!
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Maybe so Huss, but different people have different tastes. At least mines' not in my **** Sorry for upsetting you, but the Tassie Devil spinning the vinyl floats my boat.