When i Grow up a bit more...

Public Forum
Paulie123

When i Grow up a bit more...

Post by Paulie123 »

hey, how old do you have to be to work on space roller? i mean as a ride attendant. i know im way too young right now but i want to know how old you have to be. because i rarely see young people working on the ride. looks like most are in the 20's? im not sure. also, do you need any experience with rides? and how would i get a job their? thanks.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Legally to work on a amusement ride of a class 3 or higher you have to be over 18. You can actually operate them at 16 if you are supervised by a person over 18 at all times. However 99% of showies will not let you operate a ride under 18 due to insurance costing a truckload more if they do. This also applies if you are sitting in a ticket box, believe it or not!

Just for reference a kids ride like a Fun Factory is a class 2 ride and even then, showmen are very fussy of who they let work these rides.

I hope this helps you out.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

ah! i dont even want to imagine what space roller is. well i hope spaceroller is still at the RES by the time im 18!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Space Roller, No Limit, Shockwave and other rides of that nature are a Class 5 Amusement Ride. There are only 5 classes of ride. Rides such as Matterhorn, Thunderbolt and Raupen Bahn are Class 4 rides I believe.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

so when i turn 18 i can do spaceroller? im talking just harnesses and stuff.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah, I think at 16 you can do harnesses but it's 18 for sitting in the Control Room. I am not 100% on the age for being a deckhand but I am fairly sure it's 18.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

oh 16! well thats awesome. all i want is a few free rides and to watch it all day. hah. i think itd be fun. controlling would be even better. but i will definately apply when im 16. what do you do about wanted a job? do you organise it throught the eastershow or through the ride company?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Well your best bet would be walking around the showgrounds a week or so before the show and ask around. However it's probably rare that they'd put a 16 year old on a ride except for maybe a ticket box... So your best bet would be waiting till your 18.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

If you are going to post in a thread, at least discuss the topic, and don't set out on your own tangent about popularity or how you feel about the ride itself. I also don't know everything about rides, but I like to discuss an issue about a ride...
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Anyone is welcome to post on a topic as long as it is relevant to the general theme of Australia's amusement rides.

If on another topic, it may be best to start a new post to keep it relevant to a specific question or subject matter in each thread.
PNC

Post by PNC »

on most of my rides i would prefer an operator be over 18 years old, it gives me a little more peace of mind, however i have had staff as young as 16 that have shown alot more intelligence than older staff in some cases, they usually work rides where 2 staff are required, so they are supervised at all times
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

what rides do you have PNC
PNC

Post by PNC »

dodgem cars, para trooper, slide high flyer, and kids rides, most are on the website

www.pandcamusements.com.au

the dominator and sizzler belong to my brother now
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

So your Dad sold them to your brother? Well, I'm 15 now and I might look at working as a showie when I reach the age of 18. Probably the Top Gun
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

id love to work on one of the rides at the eastershow when im 18!
PNC

Post by PNC »

my 2 brothers just took over the business, dad is still very involved but he is meant to be retired
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ok, thanks PNC. I'm still waiting for the photo of the skater PNC Lol :P
PNC

Post by PNC »

that red line of lights changes about 4 colours i think, the rockin tug is better looking but the skater has a better light package, i do better at night
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks PNC. It looks great. I'm sure you get a few jobs with that and would be popular too