Rainbow ride photos

HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Isnt that Rainbow still at Elitch Gardens? I didn't hear anything of it being removed...There was that accident on it quite a while ago, nothing mechanical, but yeah I think its still operating.
There was a rainbow at PNE PLAYLAND that got removed to make way for the HUSS Frisbee (named Beach Party)... so I don't know where that one went.

chris
benclare

Post by benclare »

I might be wrong but I think Elitch Gardens closed for good at the end of last season. You're right about that accident. I remember it was a fellow who had a disability and he fell out of the ride when he got scared. They installed seatbelts after that. Wouldn't it be great if that Rainbow from Denver came over here? I sure wish I had the cash to buy it. :)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

uh... infact that rainbow had seatbelts BEFORE that accident, it was said that he took his seatbelt off, and slid under the lap bar.. walked off the ride and hit a tree.

chris
WPMJ

Post by WPMJ »

Elitches is open everyday right now, and the Rainbow is still there, just rode it a couple of weeks ago.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Coolness! :D It was a friend of mine from that part of the States who told me Six Flags Denver had closed up. I should've checked the website before I posted that information; it was not my intention to post incorrect information. That park is right in the middle of Down Town isn't it? Is the Observation Tower still there?
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

It looks like a really cool park, I remember it featured in 3 NINJAS: HIGH NOON AT MEGA MOUNTAIN (ELITCH) and it featured a very well filmed Top Spin scene, rainbow is seen in the background in a few shots. and many other rides are shown... haha...

chris
WPMJ

Post by WPMJ »

Elitches isn't in the middle of downtown, more on the edge of downtown. It's rather ironic though as the park moved to its current location due to being landlocked at its old location, but now that they've been at the new location for 10 years, they're more landlocked than they were before.

The park itself is horrible imo, especially since the old park actually had gardens. the new location is mostly a huge pad of concrete with a few trees. It is very disappointing to visit the park after so many great memories from the old location.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Elitch Gardens mightn't look so good but it certainly has a whole heap of amazing rides, including floorless coasters, inverting swings and of course the Rainbow! It'd be so fantastic if Six Flags decided to open a park here in Australia. I guess the Gold Coast would be the obvious location but Sydney and Melbourne could also be good places. Still, I guess it was tried with Wonderland and the Sydney folk didn't flock there but I suspect it was mainly due to the fact Wonderland hadn't updated for several years before it closed.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Boy, 4, injured in fall from Rainbow
(Friday, June 9, 2006) - A 4-year-old boy was injured when he fell from a ride known as the Rainbow at the Dixie Landin' Amusement Park in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Witnesses say the boy fell about 20 feet and was knocked unconscious. The boy was hospitalized with moderate injuries. Although one witness described the boy as a "baby," the park manager said that the child exceeded the ride's minimum height requirement.

The ride was closed and the accident is under investigation.

Was this the incident you mentioned or is this another?
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

OMG that is a NEW accident, dave you remember when that guy fell from the Rainbow at elitch gardens...
but this is really really shocking!

here are some articles...

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/3052336.html
how on earth did this happen... the ride even has gates, something that the australian rainbow doesnt, this is only an optional safety measure... I bet our one will have them soon enough.
http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=5013077

chris

*NOTE* Before any of you Rainbow bashers get on your high horses and start bagging the hell out of the ride. Take this seriously, as it was a severe accident. It doesnt matter what ride it is, it can happen on anything. Rainbow is one of Huss' SAFEST rides, there were no mechanical problems with the ride, exept that several lap bars werent working, but riders were not put in those seats. Just if you are going to come on here and give me crap, or bag the ride, take it seriously, and dont be stupid and immature, this is the reality of rides and safety... it can happen to ANY ride.
benclare

Post by benclare »

I would never put a child that young on a ride like the Rainbow. Yes it is often described as a family attraction but I wouldn't recommend it for very young children. They would have to be at least 8 before I'd feel comfortable putting them on the Rainbow.

You're right Chris, that accident could've happened on any ride. Quite often young children get injured on kiddy trains that have next to no safety restraints. The fact is the majority of rides out there are very safe and very few accidents occur given the amount of rides there are in the world and how many people go on them.
Vee

Post by Vee »

Kids can be so unpredictable with their reactions - if they don't like a ride, they try to get off even when it is still running. I've had some close calls over the years but thankfully none have been injured.
DareWing

Post by DareWing »

i agree... German rides are safe, or at least they are having the strongest regulations before they can be released on the German market. maintenance is another problem... especially with older rides (spare parts are not in stock anymore and more expensive to order)

Forcing children to get into a ride can be extremely dangerous, and still you see it more and more in my opinion. I believe the operators are having a hard job when they have an assertive parent before their nose that wants to get their kid on the ride that doesn't meet the minimum age/lenght.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I think i've only ever seen a kid on the rainbow once here and she looked about 4, but what Wittingslow made the parents do, was sit in one bench, and have their daughter wedged in between them.... either way, at that age aswell, I wouldn't take my kid on Rainbow.

chris
jacinta

Post by jacinta »

does anybody have any photos of the rainbow in australia?
princess

Post by princess »

Jacinta I suggest you go back and look through some old posts, we do have quite a few on here, it is a very popular ride for some people in here, including me and has been photographed from nearly every angle. :lol:
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

and from on top, while riding the SKYMASTER Wheel at the Easter Show, even thats grabbed attention from the overseas fans! :D
benclare

Post by benclare »

Good on you Chris. How many Rainbow pics do you have? I just love the sound of this ride when it's going at full speed, very similar to the Huss Ranger at Luna Park.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

i dunno... over 300
DareWing

Post by DareWing »

Found some more of a fair/park Antibes in south of France;

http://themepark.nl/ubbthreads/showflat ... ost1096406
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Darewing, what is the story with this one? What the?!! A modified HUSS Troika.

DareWing

Post by DareWing »

that's what some people in the thread were mentioning, others said that it wasn't a Huss Troika but a own build copy.

I can't judge it, the floorplate doesn't look as one of Huss but the arms of the ride seem very similar. Very weird with the twister seats (they look french imo, maybe Reverchon?)

Haven't seen this ride before on photo, it was a surprise for me too. I believe it was originally build this way because you can't just put twisterseats on a Huss Troika. It looks very nice but i believe i would prefer a high speed twister instead of this one.
DareWing

Post by DareWing »

Here is a video from the Rainbow van Petit @ kermismovies.be
http://www.kermismovies.be/new/?a=view&b=599

Also worth viewing is the Schwarzkopf Dschunke
http://www.kermismovies.be/new/?a=view&b=604
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Great video's Darewing - that Dschunke is a crazy design - hard to tell even by looking at it how all those arms don't collide.

As for that HUSS Troika custom job, I would say it has to be a main HUSS frame which has been re-designed and planted on a new floor etc. It looks like it has been raised about a metre. Everything other than the 3 lifting arms has been re-designed I'd say. See the similarities to this centre:
FrisbeeFanFirthy

Post by FrisbeeFanFirthy »

Hallo Guys, here is an Picture witch i took at Linnanmäki Finland!