Adelaide Show 2007

princess

Adelaide Show 2007

Post by princess »

This could be very interesting this year, with the problems of last year, regarding the small accident with Twin Flip, a source close to this forum has indicated that there is alot of discussion about who is actually going to go this year, the fear of being shut down for the smallest incident, e.g. having a power problem, could turn a lot of showmen away from this years show. South Australia's "Safety police" were being completely over the top, imo, with some of the small problems that did occur and occur in every show, most of these problems are very fixable and do not endanger any riders. Lets hope that there are some strong negotiations happening, so that South Australians can enjoy what other states enjoy at their respective shows, the latest, safest and best rides in Australia.
Last edited by princess on Tue May 08, 2007 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Well said Princess.

It does seem to be a good show with quite a few rides that we don't see in NSW or Victoria (e.g WA-based Zamperla Ali Baba, Paratrooper)
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

So Princess have you had any further news on this? And i've been meaning to ask this for a while (but im too lazy too log in - yes I do read these forums often I just never post) but does anyone know what has actually happened with the Twin Flip? I haven't found any mention of it on here for quite a while!

Will have to ride the mad mouse this year --- I can't believe they are getting rid of it - so sad! Lets hope they crank up the speed this year back to what it used to be for one final time. They're demolishing the building next to it at the moment already - hmmm I wonder what they will use the space for - more rides perhaps?? I can only dream!!!!

Also I have also been wondering what effect the late start of this years show will have on who attends. I know most of the rides move on to Melbourne - will they now be too close (it's a week later than usual)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

T.P.A still have the twin flip. It's up 4 sale if anyone wants to buy it! It still goes around the showcircut. Last i saw it was at sydney last year.
benclare

Post by benclare »

I reckon Luna Park Sydney should buy the Twin Flip. It would be awelcomed edition to the ride lineup there for sure and it isn't too noisy for the residents.

Yes it'll be sad to see the Mad Mouse go but you never know, it could turn up anywhere!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Good idea ben. They definately need a new ride. Shockwave has been sold so i don't think Luna Park will get it anymore 4 the holidays. Twin Flip would be good. Up next 2 the ranger. Shame 2 see another one of our famous Mad Mouse going. Good 2 c someone buy one and travel it again. With the newer rollercoasters coming, be hard to get it.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
princess

Post by princess »

No I have not heard anything regarding Adelaide, but I will see what I can do
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

cheers Princess.
scorpionSA

Rides for 2007 shows

Post by scorpionSA »

Venuetix has started selling ride deals for this years show.

TICKETS TO RIDE - 7 Ride Voucher ($30)
Participating Rides only as follows:
Ali Baba; Breakdance; The Claw; Cliff Hanger;Crazy Rider; Dodgems x 2; Ghost Train; Gravitron;Hard Rock;Hangover; Mad Mouse; Mega Drop; Music Express; Power Surge; Roller Ghoster; Scorpion; Skydiver; Space Roller; Techno Jump; Thunderbolt; Waveswinger

JUNIOR RIDE SAVER - 5 Ride Voucher ($16)
Participating Rides only as follows:
Elephant Tower, Tea Cups Ride, Motor Bikes, Ninja Turtle, Dragon Wagon, Kids Convoy, Giant SLide, Swan Ride, Tockin Tug, Wave Rider, Wicked n Wild, Carousel, Red Baron, Mini Train, Simulator and Traffic Jam.

Only Valid Mon, 10 Sep 2007 to Fri, 14 Sep 2007

Also

Ten's Terrific Tuesday is only valid between 10:00am and 2:00pm on TUESDAY 11th SEPTEMBER 2007.

Ten's Terrific Tuesday: Includes entry to the Royal Adelaide Show and unlimited participating rides from 10.00 am till 2.00 pm on Tuesday, 11th September.

Only 3,000 tickets available so don't miss out.

Participating Rides:
Ali Baba, Breakdance, The Claw, Crazy Coaster, Chaos, Dodgems x 2, Ghost Train, Gravitron, Hard Rock, Hangover, Mad Mouse, Mega Drop, Music Express, Power Surge, Roller Ghoster, Scorpion, Skymaster
Wheel, Space Roller, Techno Jump, Thunderbolt
benclare

Post by benclare »

Interesting! It's basicly the same ride lineup as last year, barring the Power Surge and the absense of the TF of course. Good to see the showies haven't been scared away from Adelaide because it's a great show.

It's going to be very tight getting those rides over to Melbourne after Adelaide as it starts less than a week later. It'll be interesting to see what roles up to Melbourne and what goes over to Perth where there's much more time to set up. I know Adelaide aren't getting the Skyview as a consequence of the dates nearly clashing with Melbourne.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Sounds like a good ride line-up. Is the music express T.P.A's Raupen Bahn?

Cheers
Top Gunner14
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

no rainbow once again... didnt see that one coming...
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Huss, I've been told O'neill's won't travel it anymore except Sydney and if they do a xmas carnival. Reason being it takes long to set up and to much 2 transport. So if i were u, i'd give up.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

It really is a pity the Rainbow isn't travelling any more. I'm sure it did cost a lot of money to transport and set up but it always was a really popular ride and raked in heaps of dough during the big shows. I'm glad it still does the RES as it's better than the Ali Baba.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

jeez... wittingslow didnt find it a problem taking it EVERYWHERE..... o'neills... sorry but just sell it to another showman who is at least willing to travel it... if not everywhere, at least melbourne.... JOKE JOKE JOKE
enough said
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Even if they just took it 2 Melbourne, brisbane and Moomba with it, that wouldn't hurt. I was talking 2 the O'neill's workers at Hawkesbury and said as a joke 2 bring it 2 Hawkesbury. They said that there wasn't a site large enough but i said as if, u could fit on a site cause there are some big sites at Hawkesbury. If Space roller, power surge, speed, scorpian, crazy coaster and others can fit there, rainbow can.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

yeah, rainbow I think would do amazing at Moomba... we can only hope
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Next time i'm at a show, i'll considerate 2 them. That's only 5 times they have 2 put it up in a year! I'll even talk 2 da big man if i have 2. Funny thing being, i've never been on it :!: I'll try it at Sydney next year.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I personally think the Rainbow would go great where the Taipan was at the EKKA last year. That way you would be looking all the way across the midway and would be great for photos.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeah that would b a good spot. 1st thin is 2 get it up there.
princess

Post by princess »

Top Gunner Gary O'Neill is very aware of what this site would like as far as his Rainbow is concerned, it has been mentioned to him on more than one occasion, but the more the merrier
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Only if he took action, it would be pleasing!!! Hopefully one day it will happen
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

From the Show Website (Finally Updated)

New Rides
Try these new and exciting rides at the 2007 Royal Show

Music Express Power Surge

Favourite Rides
All of your old favourites will be returning to the 2007 Royal Adelaide Show.
Scream, laugh or just enjoy your once in a year experience on these fantastic rides.
Don’t forget this is the last year of the Mad Mouse at the Royal Adelaide Show.
Why not have one last ride or several.

Ali Baba Extreme Speed Roller Ghoster
Breakdance Machine Scorpion
The Claw Ghost Train Skymaster Wheel
Chaos Gravitron Slingshot
Cliff Hanger Hard Rock Space Roller
Crazy Coaster Hangover Techno Jump
Dodgems x 2 Mad Mouse Thunderbolt
Mega Drop
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Sounds like a good line-up. Sad about the mad mouse. Hopefully an ozzy showmen buys it travels it still hear and there
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

well the mega drop has arrived! its exciting to see these things suddenly appear on the skyline.