Ride Jingles and Sounds

Public Forum
Top Gunner14

Ride Jingles and Sounds

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Talk about all your favourite ride jingles and sounds that you here on the carnival rides. Just to name a few that play them: Space Roller, Skywalker, Power Surge, No Limit, Mega Drop, Flashdance. Just talk about all your favourites or even one you may have made up yourself and think would go well. Enjoy!

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Oh god, you actually made it? Now... lets keep this one clean, unlike the battery thread!

But my favorite one would be the ThrillerLaugh which is seen on Space Roller. "The Promised Land", "No Limit" jingles featured on No Limit.

And of Course "Were Flying High"

I have the full songs that all 3 of those Jingles come from.

ThrillerLaugh - Thriller, Michael Jackson
The Promised Land - Dj Paul Elstak
No Limit - 2 Unlimited
Were Flying High - Captain Hollywood Project.
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

ok well i can say that its Not my favorite i would have to say the launch of 321 blast of that is known on the hurri rides it is really annoying
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

whats not clean about the battery thread! hurricane you have a dirty mind!
princess

Post by princess »

OMG lol. :lol: Thanks the laugh was good
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

No problems, i'm only doing it cause I care!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

What's the Promised land, I've never heard it, maybe I have, but just don't recognise it. And what's No Limit, 2 Unlimited. I'll download them and see what they are. Yeh, most of the Jingles are takeouts of songs or famous movie sayings like the Austin powers Yeah Baby.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

No No No No No No No No No No, There's No Limit! An absolutely awesome song, but their earlier stuff was better!
benclare

Post by benclare »

LOL Scorpion, that's definitely the song and I like it a lot! It came out in 1993 and I distinctly remember it playing on the Breakdance, Rainbow and Matterhorn at that time and yes I used to sing along too, good thing there were no microphones over the carriages! :lol:

Getting back on topic, I think Super Sizzler had a little jingle that featured an American voice saying "Here we go" really slowly as the ride sped up.

Also, the ride operators on the Ranger used to be very talkative and often said things like "take on the giant swing if you dare," backwards and forwards and over the top is the name of the game on this crazy machine" and one particular fellow used to hold the ride upside down for ages and would start laughing and pretending the ride had broken down and everyone was stuck! Then he'd bring it down, almost stop it completely and just as you think you're about to get off, the whole thing would start up again and go right over the top very quickly. All this hasn't happened for a while, possibly since O'Neil's started operating the ride fulltime.

Although not strictly a jingle, that horn that sounds when Thunderbolt is going at full speed certainly gives the eardrums a workout no doubt about that! :)
marinos

Post by marinos »

What sound systems do you use to play the tunes? Obviously an amplifier with audio in for an ipod or something yeh?
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

O'Neills don't get involved with Rainbow or Ranger like Wittingslow did. Rainbow was also operated better. I remember the operator would bring it right up to the top, stop it, so you could get a great view of the carnival, then bring it down fast, loop a few times and then go the other way.... Ranger also goes much too fast, and doesn't stop at the top....
Time for new operators?

Also who am I making CD's for Melbourne Show? haha, definetly will be making more for Space Roller, the sound system is amazing on that thing!
Got a lot of NEW dance and electro for the show.
princess

Post by princess »

Huss do you think I am joking about wanting a copy of you CD, cause I am not, not to mention I like the music, but I could also use it on the boat, just think of your tunes ringing out over Sydney Harbour, please please pretty pleasee :wink: :D
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

for sure! haha i'll make you a cd :D:D:D
princess

Post by princess »

yayyy :lol: thanks huss
Last edited by princess on Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Huss, I'd be interested in your work too if that's ok?
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

hmm ok this thread is nice and clean so i think im going to have add at least one sound clip in the next few days.

and ill try and keep it as G rated as i can.
cheers katie
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

as hurricane put it so well just this morning whilst he was half asleep

sit on "it "and spin and when it
reaches the shoulders the rides over.
cheers katie
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yes... I've lost count of how many times I've threatened Kate with the "Sit on it and spin, and when you get to your shoulder your ride is over"

The Promised Land Jingle goes "Let me take you to the promised land, you and I forever in hand. Let me guide you to tomorrow, let me free you from the sorrow" etc. I can't be bothered posting the whole lot of it so if anyone wants to google the lyrics it's "DJ Paul Elstak - The Promised Land"
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Which part of the song do they play on No Limit? And where did you get all your jingles from? Was it amusements online?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Some of my jingles I got from amusements online. But I also got a CD off Ebay that has alot of them. But some of them are just extracts from songs that I previously had.

The part of the song No Limit is the chorus:

no no limits, well reach for the sky!
No valley to deep, no maintain to high
No no limits, wont give up the fight
We do what we want and we do it with pride
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Sorry, i meant The promised land. Ok, I know what CD your talking about
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Oh... If you search for "The Promised Land - DJ Paul Elstak Lyrics" in google you will find them. It's the first verse from the song that is the Jingle. It's not often used but you can occasionally hear it as the ride starts up or finishes (On No Limit)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ok, Thanks Hurricane
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Hey guys,
I have a copy of the last 9 'Ride Jingles' albums and various others i got from ebay. 1000's of jingles and sound effects, if you want a copy let me know and i'll burn him up for ya.
"Slingshot , Engage"
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes please Josh, I was looking at getting one but my parents don't want to use their credit cards over the net. I'd be interested thanks Josh