RIDE-a-thon

Public Forum
Paulie123

RIDE-a-thon

Post by Paulie123 »

next years eastershow i challenge everyone to a ride a thon on the most sickening dizzy ride ever. id say it would be the zipper, but yous can choose. whoever gets sick first losess.

im a bit hesitant just incase whilst riding someone loses, if yous know what i mean..

but i think other than that it'd be fun! whos in? :lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh maybe, just have to save alot of pennies Lol, I'll think about it.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

haha, yeah. im pretty confident i could win! :D i think my weakness, surprisingly, is chaos. really felt ill after my last 2 rides on it.. sometimes, and only sometimes, after 3-4 goes on speed non stop get me a bit ehh. but ive never ever in my whole 13 years of life felt too ill to jump back on another ride! :lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Nah mate, I feel confident Lol.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

LOL, thats good. if you can gaurentee it will be a barf free competion, YOUR ON.
benclare

Post by benclare »

LOL Paulie. I'll give everything a go once so I suppose I'd be in to that crazy idea. :lol:

I reckon the most sickening rides are the Breakdance, Scorpion, the Claw and Gravitron. I don't think I'd last too long on those with a full stomach I'm sorry to say! I guess Zipper, Speed and NL would be a challenge too.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

yeah i agreed about Gravitron.

others, not so much.
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Hey,not fair Paulie.You teenagers can handle multiple rides in a row with little effect.Some of the more,ahem,'senior' AAF members (which includes me) probably wont be able to go the distance.
Last edited by Matt Diabolism on Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

haha, well the 'elders' can have a 3 minute brake between rides! sound fairer? :lol:
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Yes,how considerate of you :lol: .
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

yeah thats me alright. hahahaha.

there should be a prize for the winner...

ok, what about. whoever wins, ill shout for them, for speed or no limits (15 dollars prize pretty much) but idunno if the winner would even wanna go on no limits or speed after the comp! :D
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Haha, yeh maybe we can give you guys an advantage. Yep Paulie, your on! Lol
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

so top gunner.. whats your weak ride. i must know so i can take you on it, and win then shout MYSELF a ride on speed. :twisted:
benclare

Post by benclare »

I remember Triple M here in Sydney ran a comp about ten years ago at Wonderland where contestants had to ride the wooden roller coaster 24 hours a day. The two eventual winners were on that thing for close to ten weeks! The riders had to sleep in the stationary cars overnight every night, had ten minute breaks for showers, food etc and listeners thought up dreadful food and drink combinations to get the riders throwing up. Sometimes the coaster would be started up at early hours like 2:00 in the morning while the riders were asleep; what a strange awakening that would be! The comp was run by Andrew Denton and Amanda Keller who hosted the breakfast show at that time. Unfortunately I missed out on being one of the contestants; I might not've won but I would've given it a go.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

i also heard of a competetion like this but on the demon. they had to stay on it 24 hours a day, sleeping in the carridges. haha, would have been great.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Sounds stupid to me... Plus not even I would spend that money... even if it was Rainbow... but oh well, if you want to be a spaz, go for it
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Mate, we didn't say you had to be involved and its a bit of fun. Paulie, I don't really have a weak ride Lol
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah... the good ol Whirl Till Ya Hurl Competion... There was never a contest like that on the Demon Paulie. So you would be mistaking that for the contest ben mentioned.

"On Tuesday, April 6 1999 after 40 days of riding 14 hours a day the final two contestants in the Whirl Til You Hurl coaster riding marathon at Wonderland amusement park decided to get off the ride at the same time.

Steve Fletcher and Rosa Vacarro began riding the Bush Beast roller coaster on February 26 along with 22 fellow contestants. The two managed to endure forty, 14-hour days on the largest wooden roller coaster in the Southern Hemisphere.

In addition to riding all day, contestants were required to sleep in their seats at night. During the competition eleven walked off, and ten others were disqualified for breaking rules or health reasons.

The two winners will split the $20,000 prize, collecting a little over $6,300 each after taxes. The two contestants took 6,806 laps on the coaster and their winnings compute out to about 93 cents per lap."
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

lol, i think huss is just afraid that he wouldnt be able to last very long. oh well, a few rides on claw should dizzy you up! hah.

yeah it must have been the the bush beast i was thinking about. still, would have loved to been in the competition.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Well, I've never been on a Gravitron except for Dreamworld's which I was fine on, never been on the claw either. So I'll have to test my luck
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

handle it? .... pfft whatever... plus id rather spend my time doing this "competition" on a ride bit more credible than claw
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I couldn't ride the Claw more than once... not because it makes me sick its because of the damn harnesses! They just kill my shoulders :(
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

oh topgun, you have to go on claw. i think its awesome. not thats sickening thought. yeah the gravitron at the eastershow, i think is worse than the rotor. it doesnt make you stick as hard but theres something about just spinning, and spinning that gets me.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

wait wait, better idea!!

instead of waiting till the eastershow.. how about a competion in the christmas holidays!! hopefully speed will be there and we can ride that all day for 50. whatta bargain! cheaper, awesome and dont have to wait AS long.

whatta yous think??
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

I'll sponsor ya Top Gunner!!!
"Slingshot , Engage"